On The Road Again (Prologue)

YOU GUYS THIS IS A SEQUEL MAKE SURE YOU READ THAT ONE FIRST OR YOURE GONNA BE CONFUSED AS HECK!!! The first it called Fool's Gold.
- - -

It was only seven years after everything happened with Bill Cipher and his Weirdmageddon. In those seven years so many things had changed. Not long after everything was back to normal, you and your father repaired the cabin with the help of a few of your friends. It sure was an interesting task to carry out, especially with Nate, Lee, and Thompson around, but at the end of the day, you'd all done a pretty good job, and everything was the same as it was before, to some extent, at least.

Still, after that was done with, you had to go home. It was all sort of strange. It was so normal, like Bill never happened. Everyone said goodbye, your old friends and your new friends. And after you cried a lot because you wouldn't get to see them for another year, you got in the passenger side of the car and went home with your dad.

Home wasn't different either. No one talked about Weirdmageddon. No one acted like something insanely crazy happened over the Summer other than your friend Shay saying her camping trip to the mountains in Colorado was 'pretty rad'. Absolutely no one knew what happened.

Which meant only you knew what you were capable of. Of course, your father knew, and just like with your mother he never really wanted to talk much about it. He wanted life to return back to as normal as it possibly could after Bill Cipher. He even stopped with his anomalies. You had no reason to go back to Gravity Falls, except to see your friends. Instead of going there for half of the summer, you went there for half of winter break, which wasn't really much of anything.

But, your poor dad was so terrified of that place. After he was so close to losing you. He hardly ever wanted to step foot close to where the Fearamid was. It was hard enough for him to go back.

You felt bad, and you had your fair share of bad memories in that place, too. After a while of watching how much pain it put your dad through to relive the memories, you finally decided it'd be best for both of you to just steer clear of Gravity Falls.

You still got to visit your friends, though. Twice a year the gang would meet up at some amusement park and spend an entire weekend there, catching up and riding rides. Daring Thompson to go on rollercoasters of doom was a favorite pastime.

Things were almost normal, and then everything changed.

When your father died, you weren't really sure what to do.

He died in a stupid way, you thought. Stupid for him. Since he was such a great man, he deserved to have a peaceful death. One that didn't make him feel any pain or make him suffer. And it should've been when he was an old man and he got to see you get married and have a family of your own because he told you multiple times that all he wanted was to see you be happy.

Instead he died in the hospital after he was hit by a drunk driver. You were right beside him. He was in the middle of his sentence when his heart started failing and the monitor started beeping and the nurses and doctors came rushing in. They were all so preoccupied trying to save him, they didn't even notice you were in there. You watched him die. They couldn't resuscitate him.

You were sent to live with close family friends, Stephanie and Gabriel Gray. They had a son around your age who tried his best to get you to smile again, but it was hard. People gave you sympathetic looks in the hallways that only reminded you of everything that went wrong.

You stopped meeting up with your friends, but you still skyped Wendy. Occasionally, she'd get the whole group together for a 'party chat.' It was almost like it was, and even though you got to see them often, it wasn't the same as seeing them in person.

It wasn't like you didn't have other friends to talk to. After you moved in with the Grays, you became really close with your god brother, Montgomery, who you liked to call Monty. He was a nerd, in your most affectionate terms. You loved the guy, and he was easily your best friend. He'd do just about anything with you, and that's because you both were adventurous individuals.

People at school eventually stopped giving you those sympathetic looks and you became relatively accustomed to your new life. It was hard to keep the whole 'demon princess' from everyone, but it wasn't like it was something brought up in everyday conversation. When you couldn't handle no one knowing, you told Montgomery, and he had a lot of questions, but he didn't see you any differently.

This were as normal as they could be considering the circumstances.

You graduated high school with high grades and diverse extra curricular activities and got into a college close to home. Montgomery went to the same college as you, because ironically, both of you had the same idea of what you wanted to do. After all the hassle of undergrad school, both you and Montgomery graduated with high GPAs and got into UCLA.

You weren't exactly ready to go straight into med school, though, so you convinced Monty to take a gap year. Of course, you both had to write letters to the director of admissions, but luckily for them, they were let off.

It took a lot of convincing, but Montgomery finally agreed to embark on a road trip with you before Med School. So the two of you said goodbye to Stepanie, Gabe, and sunny California before you packed up your bags, tossed them in the back of Monty's truck and hit the road.

You were heading back to Gravity Falls for the first time in years.

---
Definitely gonna regret putting this up so soon, but I was really excited for this bc I started writing it before I even finished Fool's Gold

Buckle up, kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride