The Plan

"Monty, there's a serious problem. Can you come home?"

"I'm on my way." Monty answered from the other line. "What's wrong?"

"Remember how I told you about the boyfriend that attempted to seize the world in his version of Armageddon?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm pretty sure he's at our front door."

"Pretty sure? What do you mean?"

"Um," You peeked out of the window to see him still standing there, looking down at his nails. "Oh my god, he probably possessed some poor person just so he could torment me."

"(Y/N), are you sure it's him?"

"I think so. Yes."

"How do you know?"

"I don't know, I just know, okay?" You sat down on the floor in between two windows so he wouldn't be able to look in and see you. "Please hurry."

"Look, I'm almost home. When I get there what do you want me to do? Say I'm your fiancé, or something? Your bodyguard who knows taekwondo?"

"Don't lie to him, he knows everything." You replied quickly.

"(Y/N) what am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, Monty, I called you asking for help!"

You heard him sigh. "I'm coming down the road, now. Sit tight."

You hung up without waiting for him to say anything else. You didn't want to move or even breathe in fear that he'd spot you.

How on earth Bill Cipher was still alive was a mystery to you. For the past seven years, you thought you killed him. You found a way to cope with the fact that you killed the first person you ever fell in love with. You always told yourself it was for a good cause.

Some reason, for a while, that didn't work.

Seeing him there, or who you were nearly sure was him there, sparked a new sort of fear in you. You hadn't felt that panic ever before. It was terrifying.

A minute or so of agonizing waiting, there was a knock at the door. Cautiously, you peeked out the window to see Monty standing there with a bag from the grocery store in his arms. You scrambled to your feet and opened the door, grabbing his arm and pulling him inside before quickly shutting it again.

"Where'd he go?" You questioned.

"No one was here."

"No, he was here."

"I believe you." Monty assured. "It's just when I got here, he was gone."

"Did you check to make sure he wasn't hiding in the bushes?"

"Yeah, I checked around the whole place. It's just us."

You paced back and forth for a moment, running your fingers through your hair. "We need to go to the Mystery Shack."

***

You only had time to grab a piece of gum and spray on some of your perfume that sat on the kitchen counter. You didn't even want to go upstairs you were in so much of a hurry so you quickly tossed on Monty's hoodie and slipped on your converse before you ran out the door. You hardly thought about the fact that your hair was a mess or that you were in sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. Much bigger things were at stake.

When you pulled into the parking lot, you and Monty ran inside. Luckily, it was early enough that not many people were there.

"We're headed to the back!" You called to Soos as you passed the counter.

You threw open the door and went into the room where you heard the tv. Dipper was asleep on the couch with his journal across his stomach and a little bit of drool coming out of his mouth. Any other time, you'd hate to wake him, but this was much more important.

"Dipper, get up!" You shouted, shaking him frantically.

He screamed. "No, don't eat me!"

"Dipper!"

"Wha–(Y/N)? What're you doing here?"

"I need to talk to Ford. Is he here?"

"He just left a couple days ago with Grunkle Stan. Why? What's wrong?"

"Dipper? What's with all the yelling?" Mabel asked sleepily, rubbing her eyes in the doorway.

"When will he be back?" You demanded.

"I-I don't know, not for a while, probably. What's the matter?" Dipper tried again.

"Bill is back. We didn't stop him."

This woke Mabel up. "What?"

"He came to my house, like fifteen minutes ago."

"What'd he say? How did you get him to leave?"

"I didn't give him the chance to say much. Monty said he was gone by the time he got home. How can we get rid of him?"

"I would say the circle, but not everyone's here. It's not just our Grunkles that are missing, Pacifica and McGucket are gone, too."

"And I think Gideon left town a long time ago." Added Mabel.

"Obviously I can't do anything against him." You muttered, stuffing your hands into the pockets of the hoodie. "Any brilliant ideas?"

Everyone was quiet for a few minutes. It was Monty who spoke up.

"What if we hear him out?"

"No." Dipper said immediately. "Bad idea. That's a horrible idea."

"She didn't say they had to be good." Monty said. "Look, I mean, since he's so powerful and all, if he wanted to hurt you, he most likely would've done it by now, right?"

You faced him. "Well, I'd assume so, yes."

"Maybe he's not back for revenge."

"Do you think he's here to apologize?" Mabel asked.

"No. Maybe he needs help."

"What, so he can just use me again?" You scoffed.

"Look, we give him the chance to explain, and if it seems off, we've got him. Push comes to shove, you can do your little half demon magical stuff, right?"

"No." You said. "I'm not ever doing that again. No matter how much they deserve it." You crossed your arms. "Though, I could still talk to him. We could see why he's here."

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Asked Dipper.

Mabel looked at you in concern. "It sounds really dangerous."

"I'll be fine."

"I'll talk to him with you. So, y'know, if he tries to pull anything."

"We're coming, too." Dipper said, pulling on a dark blue jacket.

Mabel nodded. "That way, if you need more back up, we'll be there for you."

"Thanks, guys." You smiled.

There wasn't enough room in the truck for all four of you, so Mabel had to sit on your lap on the way there.

It felt like ages before you actually arrived.

When you did, everyone spilled out of the truck and went inside. Monty offered to make everyone breakfast since no one got the chance to eat yet. As he went into the kitchen, you, Dipper, and Mabel sat on the couch and covered up with a large, fuzzy blanket.

It was time to play the waiting game.