Monty's Secret

Days passed and you were still just as confused as the night Bill kissed you.

You just wanted an answer. When you were away from him, you didn't like him, but as soon as you saw him, you remembered all the things you really liked about him.

Even hiding the fact that you were an outer-dimension princess was easier than figuring out your feelings towards the triangular demon.

Luckily for you, Wendy and Tambry showed up to get your mind elsewhere. Of course, they didn't know about your existential crisis and just wanted to hang out with you, but it served the same purpose.

You got out of the house, away from Bill, and away from your problems. Now, you were with your two best friends in the mall.

You weren't necessarily a huge fan of shopping. Spending all that money you could be using towards med school in the near future freaked you out. However, with Tambry and Wendy, shopping was a lot more fun.

The three of you talked a lot, roaming from store to store aimlessly. You bought a couple of cute shirts you found, but nothing that was too expensive. Every time you looked at the price tag you thought of student loans you had to pay off.

"So, is there really not a guy?" Asked Wendy.

You looked away from your phone. "What?"

"You're gone for years and you wanna tell me there hasn't been a single dude that's asked you out?" Wendy sipped on her drink. "I'm not buying it."

"I mean, guys have asked me out. I just never said yes."

"Too good for them?" Asked Tambry.

You laughed. "No. It's not that. Just too busy."

"Okay, then. What about that guy at the party?"

"Guy?" You nearly choked on your smoothie.

"Oh, yeah." Tambry nodded. "I saw him following you in a picture Mabel posted of her and Dipper."

"You even had matching costumes." Wendy said.

"Um, well, he's—"

"I swear, (Y/N), if you had a boyfriend hiding here all this time and you didn't tell me..."

"He's not my boyfriend." You said, almost a little too quickly.

"Well, you two are obviously close." Wendy said. "Potential boyfriend, then, right?"

"No." You insisted.

"Why not?" Asked Tambry. "He was kinda cute."

"He's already got someone." You said, your eyes wide and looking between the two girls.

"Oh," Wendy noted. "Sucks, he seemed like a cool dude."

"It won't ever happen. Me and him, I mean. Yeah, they're really in love."

"We should meet her! You can bring the guy and Monty, too. We can get the whole gang together and just go out or something."

You started to panic. "Ah, there is no her!" You said quickly.

"But you said—"

"It's Monty!" You wanted to take it back as soon as it was out of your mouth.

"What?" Tambry and Wendy asked together.

Your face flushed. "Yeah. That's Monty's boyfriend. A-and, um, yes."

"So you really can't go out with him." Tambry said.

"Well, I still wanna meet him." Said Wendy. "We can get together tonight, right? Play mini golf, or something."

"Yeah," You said nervously. "That sounds like a plan to me."

"Sweet."

"But, I should go home and clean up a little first." You stood abruptly. "I'll catch you guys later."

"Tonight at 6:00 okay?" Asked Tamby.

"That's perfect. Yes." You gathered your bags and picked up your smoothie. "I'll see you guys then... And it'll be great."

"Alright..." Wendy said skeptically. "Dude, are you okay?"

"I'm just peachy!" You turned around and walked at a somewhat even pace until you were out of their sight.

As soon as you were in the parking lot, you started running to get to Monty's truck. You opened up the car door and tossed your bags into the passenger seat before putting the keys into the ignition.

The truck started up and you drove off, only thinking one thing.

Monty was going to kill you.