Trivia

"You don't get it do you?"

You looked at Monty in confusion. "I totally get it. You're just dumb."

For the past fifteen minutes, you had been arguing with Monty over the fact that anime wasn't a cartoon. You tried to explain it to him multiple times, and he did the same with you. However, both of you were relentless, and you wouldn't stop until he admitted anime wasn't a cartoon.

"(Y/N), it's animated, how do you—"

"Shut up," You rolled your eyes. "It's animated, sure, but that doesn't classify it as a cartoon. Anime is anime. Cartoons are cartoons. You're basically saying Black Butler and Star vs The Forces Of Evil are the same! And they're totally different. Different art styles, one's Japanese, ones American, not to mention completely different plot. Though the plot doesn't factor in..."

"I've gotta agree with (Y/N)," Said Wendy.

"Yeah, dude, you're fighting a battle you can't win." Said Soos. "Anime is an art within itself. Cartoons are an entirely different art."

"Plus, anime is typically more mature than cartoons." Added Melody.

You smiled smugly. "Thank you."

Monty sighed in defeat. "But it's... ah, whatever, fine." He angrily sipped his drink.

You had decided to go out with Soos and Melody after realizing you hadn't been spending nearly enough time with your old friend. The whole reason why you came was to catch up. And besides, the two of them were engaged, so to celebrate, you wanted to treat them to dinner. Wendy, Dipper, and Mabel tagged along, and it was like old times. Plus a dream demon and your god brother.

Mabel gasped, pointing at a tv. "Look, they have trivia!"

"We should play." Melody said.

"Let's have teams."

"I call being on a team with Wendy!" Mabel shouted.

"Alright!" The two girls high fived. "We're gonna take you guys down!"

Soos and Melody were on a team, and since Wendy still thought Bill and Monty were together, they had to be on a team, which left you on a team with Dipper.

"Get ready to lose." You taunted, draping your arm around Dipper's shoulder and pulling him into your side. "Dipstick and I are bringing the heat!"

Dipper coughed and struggled to get out of your grasp. By the time everyone had their phones out and ready to play, you had your game face on. You weren't bad a trivia, but you knew Monty was great at it. Your life long goal was to beat him, just because you hated that stupid look on his face when he won. You just hoped the questions would be more scientifically based than random sports facts. You were totally at a loss when it came to that.

"In which state was the first oil well drilled in the United States?" Read Monty, looking up at the tv screen.

You smiled smugly, knowing history wasn't Monty's strong suit. There was no way he'd ever get it right.

"Do you know?" Asked Dipper, looking over the answer choices.

You leaned closer to see, tapping on 'Pennsylvania' as quickly as possible. "Easy peasy." You smiled.

You looked at the score board, completely expecting to see Monty and Bill at zero points, but you were surprised to see them in first place. You glared at them.

"What the heck?"

"You don't expect me to know that after how long I've been alive?" Bill asked, head in his hand and bored expression on his face.