Adventures In Grocery Shopping

In an attempt to get your mind off of your nightmares, Monty brought you to your favorite place in Gravity Falls: Greasy's Diner. Of course, Bill came, too, but that wasn't originally part of Monty's plan.

The three of you sat in a booth, with you and Monty sitting next to each other and Bill sitting across from you. While waiting for your food, you were scrolling through Instagram, seeing things your friends posted from back home.

You remembered how Mabel said she tagged you in the picture she posted of you and Dipper, so you went to your tagged photos. Sure enough, the first one was a picture of you sleeping on Dipper's shoulder. You smiled to yourself and liked the picture.

Most of the comments consisted of Mabel's friends saying how cute the two of you looked, and Dipper telling Mabel to delete it.

You looked up from your phone, and as soon as you did, you locked eyes with Bill. Neither of you looked away. You frowned.

"Bill, you're staring." You pointed out.

"No, I'm not." He said defensively.

"You were." Monty added. "For a while."

Bill kicked Monty under the table. When Monty winced and reached for his leg, Bill tilted his head slightly.

"What's the matter?"

"Quit it." You said, shooting a look at Bill.

Bill jumped slightly, and the table moved, making all the silverware clang. Offended, Bill looked at you.

"He kicked me!"

"Monty, come on." You sighed, looking over at the very satisfied looking boy. You hit his arm just to wipe the look off his face.

Just then, Lazy Susan sat down pancakes for everyone. Bill was about to protest, but you gave him a warning glance.

"Why would you do this to me?" Bill said to Monty once Susan walked away.

"I don't know what you mean." Monty said innocently, reaching for the syrup.

"I asked you to order pizza." Bill narrowed his eyes.

"They don't have that here, how many times do I have to tell you?" You said.

"Look, I just ordered what I thought you'd like." Monty said, passing the syrup to you. "Besides, you're human now, aren't you? We can't taste shapes."

You stopped pouring syrup on your pancakes and looked up. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, so you shouldn't have to worry about that anymore."

"Go ahead and try it." Monty said, bringing his coffee cup to his lips.

Bill glared at Monty before looking around the table. His eyes landed on the syrup in your hands and he pointed to it.

"That makes it taste better, right?"

"I think so." You nodded. "Try it." You handed it out to him.

Bill took it and drowned his pancakes in syrup before picking up his fork. He took a piece and ate it, the whole time looking extremely disgusted.

After a while, he stopped and met your eyes. "Hey, these aren't half bad."

"Told you." You grinned.

Monty slumped back in his seat.

"Hey, so how does that work, anyway? The whole shape tasting thing." You asked.

"What?" Bill asked, swallowing another bite of pancakes and starting for another.

"With pizza, it's a circle, but it's cut into triangles and it's fine. But if you cut a pancake, like the first time you tried them, they still taste bad."