Protection

"Umm, sure. I just talk it out after I'm done with the assignment with Jean." I was just handed the financial plan and stats which needs to be turn in before 1:30 pm. It is almost 1:15 pm and the office is on the 5th floor. I ran to my cubicle, grabbed my report, speed walk to Jean's cubicle was just around the corner.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw him. He was staring at me with his eyes filled with hunger. My palms started to sweat because rumors had it that he stalked a co-worker several years which she gather extraordinary amount of evidences and presented it to the police. The police did everything in their power go help her but he ended up bribing the judge.

Fortunately, the judge and he was later convicted of his crime for 8 years. Even though he was brought to prison, the co-worker was still was getting stalked and force to change her name and move to a different state. He was able to get a job as a janitor at my current office and manager were quite aware of his past but they have to hire him temporarily due to the fact that many current janitor ended up getting sick.

Now, everyone keeps a sharp eye with him. Even the male slaker makes sure that he isn't anywhere near a lone woman. I didn't want to believe any rumors but the more closer you got near him, the more it feels like his sharp eyes pierced your body.

"_______, is the guy staring at you?" Jean whisper as he was looking at the report. 

“Yeah, I can feel him staring," You pointed random spot on the report. Jean nodded, got out a post it note, and wrote down something. After he finished, he handed you the note and asked if you want him to company to walk out with you after work. You nodded and felt a bit safe.

You attempt to finish work while the feeling is growing stronger. Jean can sense the discomfort but can't do anything.

You needed to go to the restroom and scan the room to make sure that he wasn't there. It's all clear and you got up and left. You enter to empty restroom and chill went through the your spine. You quickly decide to leave but it was too late. Someone was entering the restroom and blocked the way. It was a man coming into the restroom. He grabbed your wrist and his long nail digging into your skin. You manage to get free. ‘SHIT!' You thought and quickly enter into a stall. You locked the door, sat on the toilet, pulled you knee close to your chest, and took out your phone that was kept on the side of your skirt. You texted your supervisor, Marco but no answer. You texted a close friend but realized that she's sick.

The restroom is has 20 stalls, 12 on one side and 8 on the other. You were last stall of the 8. You jumped as heard a chuckle. You text Jean as quickly as possible. The chuckle became into a laughter. He is slamming his fist against the door of first stall.

“Come out, pretty girl. I just want to show you some fun."

(You): JEAN SOMEONE IS IN THE WOMEN'S RESTROOM ON THE 3RD FLOOR

You got no response and heard notice becoming louder and closer to you. You teared up and started to shake. You heard the main door being slammed as if someone is trying to enter it but the door was locked. You had that he jump and enter into a stall. You don't know how close he was to you. You decide to text Jean again and supervisor.

(You): Please help. Someone is hiding in one of stall. I'm in the last stall of the short side.

The main door is busted down and heard two people running in. One was running toward you and other was kicking all the stall door. Shortly after, you heard loud gasp and someone struggling.

“_______!! It's me. Come with me, you're safe now. " ‘Jean' you came out all red, shaking and now looking at the janitor trying to fight the security. Jean hugged you tight and the real police came in and final arrested him.

“____, I'm sorry for not responding your text. Once I saw it, I quickly ran to the restroom. Marco ran to get security and called the police. " Jean said as he led you out the restroom.

“Thanks for coming. I didn't know what's was going to happen." A police officer came by and ask if you were okay to explain him what happened. You nodded and asked if Jean can come with you. The police looked at him and said it's fine. You recount the detail of the event and later recount it in court. The jury found him guilty  and judge sentence him to 5 years of intend to commit rape. You were devastated of the sentence. You couldn't believe someone with a violent past and past criminal past could get away this this. You later accept it since this was on the news and many people started to print his picture with the word ‘rapist’ typed across it.

Jean was always by your side and encourage you to move forward. He did eventually asked out after a few years later which led to marriage. You couldn't be any happier. Jean knew that he made one of the best decision he has made. For him and for you.

2 years later, You were filing paper work at home and watching the news. The news was covering a story about   the janitor was stabbed in broad daylight. He eventually died in the hospital 3 hours later. No one knows who did it or speaking. Even with store security camera, it doesn't show the murder. You smile and celebrate your silent victory.
[1000]

~~~~~~~~~~