Chapter 1~The Invitation

<~Jungkook's Pov~>

"Jungkella! Get up, set the table and make breakfast! Right now, or you'll get a spanking! And don't you dare forget to comb your hair neatly!" Mother Jin yelled at me from the bedroom next door.

I groaned tiredly, ruffling my hair to make it even more messy then rolled off the creaky bed. Then I just stayed on the cold stone floor until Mother Jin screamed again.

"Hurry up Jungkella! What are you doing you filthy, lazy boy?"

"I'm going, mother, just brushing my hair!" I lied, not daring to get on her bad side.

I limped downstairs to prepare breakfast, while my two screaming brothers Taehyung and Jimin chased each other around the house as if a crazy hot girl wielding an axe broke into the house.

I sighed at the immaturity of my brothers, then poured oil in the frying pan I had in the stove, and after that cracking open some eggs to fry. 'My name isn't even Jungkella...' I thought angrily. Once again, I found my thoughts wandering from the cooking and thinking about my unfair life situation.

My mum had died when I was only five, but then my dad just had to go ahead and marry that tramp called Seokjin. She recently had a divorce with her husband and then in a matter of seconds... Poof! I had two stepbrothers who did nothing but loaf around and order me. The Tramp, because she loved her sickly, stupid and ug- I mean, lovely little boys too much to make them work, she made her youngest son do everything.

I hated her, I really did.

"WATCH THE EGGS, YOU BLITHERING IDIOT! THEY'RE BURNING!" Mother Jin's sharp voice pierced through my thoughts, followed by a torrent of unpleasant insults.

I quickly flipped the egg onto a plate nearby, then cracked open another one. Mother Jin was standing was standing behind me with a murderous look in her eye.

"Foolish idiot, can't even fry an egg, and to think we give you shelter and food! Go get the mail, Kookerella."

"It's Jungkook." I replied automatically, then ran out of the house before she could say something.

In the mail I found an elegantly decorated envelope, addressed to all of us. Even for the apes that were gleefully yelling 'idiot' from the house. For some reason, it seemed to contain a lot of meaning, and I was mystified by what the letter said inside. I shook off the feeling and ran back to the house so the eggs wouldn't burn a second time.

After another wave of commands, yelling, cooking and setting up, the four of us finally settled down to eat breakfast. Jin was the first to dig in, being the fondest of food. Jimin kicked me from under the table, then tucked in so no one could see the smirk forming. Taehyung, however, didn't move.

"No mail, Jungkella?" Taehyung sneered at me, kicking back and resting his feet on my lap.

"No, hyung," I gritted my teeth. "Nothing in the box." 

Taehyung, being the smarter ape out of him and Jimin, saw through my attire immediately. He kicked my legs hard and then raised both my hands above my head. Jimin gleefully joined in, snatching the envelope out of my hands.

"Here it is, Jin! The letter Kookerella was hiding!" I kneed Taehyung and he let go of me, grunting but still pleased.

Jin eyed me dangerously, then opened the envelope. I kept quiet, knowing that I was already in trouble. My insatiable curiosity, however, still peaked when Jin gasped excitedly and then started reading out the letter.

"There's a royal ball tomorrow! And at the ball, the royal princess (Y/N) will be there! My darling sons, this is a great opportunity for us to get involved with Royal business!" She laughed at her plan and leapt up from her seat, fixing her pink dress. "First, we must prepare your costumes-Jungkella, get to work making fancy suits, one blue and one green-and then we can pick my costume! Kookerella, finish eating quickly and then start sewing the suits after doing the dishes! And mind you put wood in the fireplace after making them, we don't want your filthy cinders going onto the suits." With that, she exited the room.

Taehyung followed suit, leaving only Jimin and me.

"Babo, why were you hiding that?" Jimin asked me as soon as Jin left.

My anger was already pent up. I was furious at being embarrassed and Taehyung finding out. "I do the stupid chores everyday, you guys don't even lift a finger to help me, I at least deserve to look at the mail first!"

"You got it all wrong, now wash those dishes and don't try anything like this again. Neither Jin nor Taehyung will let it go easily next time, and I don't want you to get hurt."

"Since when did you care about me?" I retorted, disbelieving.

Jimin's eyes flashed dangerously, his black hair shrouding them in shadows. "I meant what I said, now go do what you're meant to." He left the room, leaving me extremely pent up and confused.