Chapter 10~Love

<~Jungkook's POV~>

'She said she... She... She loved me...' No girl other than my mother had ever said that to me, much less an important member of the royal family. And here was the princess (Y/N), telling me she loved me, a valueless maid for my step-family, loving me for who I was, returning the hopeless feelings I had for her.

Now I could see, the feelings weren't hopeless.

(Y/N) looked at me expectantly, still smiling sweetly. I broke into a genuine smile that would surely hurt my muscles, but it was worth smiling for the perfect girl I held in my arms. I leaned in, closing the distance between our lips for the first time but definitely not for the last. Our bodies fit together perfectly like two lost puzzle pieces. I was holding an angel in my arms.

I felt light headed when we broke away, blushing red from contentment but probably lack of air too.

"(Y/N)," I breathed out, bending low on one knee. "I love you with all my heart. You're a kind and forgiving soul, caring for others as well as being smart and funny. To top it off, you're beautiful. You'd make a perfect queen, so will you do me the honour of being your king?"

She choked out a cry, her face glistening with tears of joy, before taking my extended hand with a wholehearted, "Yes! There's no one I'd rather be with more than you, Jungkook. You were always my king."

Dong! Dong! Dong! We were about to lean in for a kiss, until the clock rang, signalling that it was midnight. Why did it ring an alarm bell in my head? Then suddenly I remembered my nightmare... What did my mum say? Wasn't it-

'Leave before midnight.'

Why? What would happen? Then there was a piercing scream from the other side of the hall. Prancing in was no other than a mutant Pinkie Pie, its mane matted with blood, its neigh frantic.

"Pinkie Pie?" I heard Hoseok cry out from the other side. This side of it was wild, uncontrolled, almost as if it wasn't Hoseok's, but it was distinguishable.

It had my suit draped over its back.

<~(Y/N)'s POV~>

I felt that Jungkook was feeling tense, but it was pretty obvious that everyone was. Could Hoseok own this horse monster thing he called 'Pinkie Pie'?

"(Y/N)..." Jungkook reached for my hand, a fearful look on his face. "I've seen that horse before."

"I think it's Hoseok's." I quietly told him, as to not draw the mutant's attention. It had crashed into a few tables and spilled a perfectly good amount of food I hadn't eaten.

"No, I mean I saw it in a dream..." Jungkook's face was completely drained of colour. "And it is Hoseok's. I'll explain afterwards."

How did he see that monster in a dream? Could it-could it be here for him?

Then the monster took its first victim: a bright and happy boy who had just come out of a room, hand in hand with another girl. His girlfriend screamed, "YUGYEOM!" and started to cry, losing her love in less than a day.

"GUARDS!" My dad yelled out commands, recovering from his initial shock. The majority of the guests started retreating into rooms, while some just dashed for the front door. Jungkook pulled me upstairs, gesturing for me to hurry.

"(Y/N)!" Hoseok started running towards us too. "I'm coming with you!" Meanwhile, the monster began devouring the lifeless body of Yugyeom. Our group winced and turned away.

Its eyes began to glow red, then uttered some words which confirmed my worst fears.

"Jungkook... I told you to leave before midnight."