Chapter 7~Mixed Emotions

<~Jungkook's POV~>

I was shell-shocked. The princess has noticed me when Jimin told me to open the curtains. Something scanned through me, like a laser. Then I saw her. She turned and ran into the forest when she thought I had actually drawn the curtain back across, but the whole time I was watching her. Princess (Y/N) was beautiful, courageous and virtuous. She would definitely make a good queen. The princess probably had many young men under her spell, and I was one of them.

"Kookie, you okay?" Jimin plopped onto the floor next to me. "Hoseok's coming soon and we can eat!" His stomach grumbled as I chuckled. Though I had to admit, food sounded awesome right now.

An uneasy feeling still lingered from the nightmare. I heard a faint whisper of the words that the eomma-demon had yelled at me, but it was nothing more than a wisp of memory. I was shaken out of my thoughts by our door opening. Hoseok, with stuffed pockets and a tray holding plates with waffles topped with syrup.

"Sorry guys, you must be hungry!" Hoseok apologised as Jimin had already started digging into his food. "A slight disturbance occurred, nothing major. Enjoy!" And as he watched Jimin, he added: "But I suppose I don't need to tell you that."

"Thanks, hyung." I nodded at him, but I didn't quite agree with the princess missing being a 'slight disturbance'. I would have tore down the whole castle looki- Wait, what was I thinking? I had only seen the princess accidentally, but I had already fallen in love with her.

A sensation I had not felt in many years.

<~Jimin's POV~>

Hoseok was walking around a lot, pretending to examine things, which didn't work because he usually ended up looking a blank wall. He had feelings he wanted to discuss, but wasn't comfortable with them. Normally, I would have made him open up, but this time Jungkook was in the room and I had problems with managing my own feelings.

"Hobi!" I suddenly jumped up. "Jungkookie's suit! Where did you put it?"

Jungkook's attention was aroused when I mentioned the suit. Hoseok, however, hadn't stirred from his spot and had a blank look on his face. Clearly, he was in deep thought. I was getting annoyed. The Ball was tonight, and Hoseok was too busy to tell us where he put the suit!

"Hyung, it's just a suit..." Jungkook hesitantly whispered. "It's not like I can't wear another one." He might have looked as if he didn't care, but I could see that he was worried. It was one of the only gifts his mother had given him, and it did look better than even Hoseok's suit.

"Hoseok!" I yelled. "Where did you put Jungkook's suit from last night?" He started, then looked up me with a look of pure confusion.

"You mean that horse blanket Jungkook was holding?" He finally asked. "It's already on my Pinkie Pie."

"You babo, that's a suit!" Jungkook looked like he was on the verge of tears, and his bottom lip trembled. I felt bad, shouting like that at Hoseok.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know!" He hung his head low. "He can wear my best one for tonight!"

I felt horrible. Finally, Jungkook was going to get a second chance at living a proper life, and the person who I had trusted the most I previous years had eliminated one of the factors that would make Jungkook stand out. I should've looked after the suit myself.

"Hyungs, don't worry." Jungkook spoke up, his voice trembling. "It doesn't matter, I don't want the princess to notice me because of what I wear. It's fine, Prince Hoseok." He gave a weak smile which made my insides melt. How was he making me feel this way?

"I'm extremely sorry, Jungkook," Hoseok apologised, looking ashamed. "You can call me Hoseok. I'll lend you my best one for tonight."

I sighed. There wasn't a use holding a grudge against Hoseok, plus it would probably make Jungkook cry.

"Thanks, Hoseok." He burst into a bunny-like grin.

"Sorry for yelling at you," I told Hoseok. "I hope you don't hold a grudge against me for that." Being the courteous prince he was, he easily forgave me.

"I have to prepare," Hoseok got up and walked towards the door. "Again, I'm deeply sorry, and Jimin, you know what to do if you need me." He gave a parting wave as we exited the room.

"Jimin..." Jungkook started shyly. "Thank you for looking out for me."

My heart skipped a beat as my cheeks flushed red. I scratched my neck awkwardly. "It's nothing, I feel bad for teasing you for all these years."

"You helped me in secret, so I don't really mind. And hyung, I saw the princess going into the forest, and she saw me." He confessed. They'd already seen each other! "I felt as if someone had poured a whole cauldron of chocolate on me. I-" He took a deep breath as my heart sunk, knowing what words he would say. "I think I love her."

"That's great, Kookie!" I smiled painfully. It wasn't easy, having him confess that. I should've felt happy for him, great that he felt something with the princess. All except one thing, which was the tearing emotion in my heart, the piece missing.

I was deeply in love with Jungkook. And there was no getting out of it.

<~(Y/N)'s POV~>

Horrible? You bet that's how I felt. Maids were pampering me, asking me if I was alright. It was pretty clear that it wasn't my first time running off into the woods, so I'd appreciate some personal space. There was only an hour left before the Ball, but I wasn't as nervous as I had been a few days ago.

My dress started off with a dark blue that changed into a watercolour effect, getting lighter and lighter, until it looked like ice was hanging from the hem. It was delicate and light, which showed off who I was better. It was positively enchanting. For jewellery, I had a matching aquamarine lined tiara topped off with a sapphire necklace. I decided on a baby pink lipstick and a light pink blush.

After the make-over, I still looked like me, which was exactly what I was aiming for.

Finally pleased with my appearance, I checked the clock. Then sprang to welcome the arriving guests.