Chapter 8~Letting Go of the Past

<~(Y/N)'s POV~>

Already I could hear quiet chattering from the entrance hall. Two blonde guys walked in, hand in hand, while a small group of tittering girls followed them. I saw Hoseok emerge from the shadows on the other side of the banister... And he wasn't wearing his best suit.

'What had made him change his mind?' I thought, confused.

I continued making my way downstairs, smiling dazzlingly and emitting a sparkling aura. My dress shone in the light, turning all eyes towards me. The boys were enchanted while the girls turned their eyes towards Hoseok, who gave them a playful grin.

"PRINCE HOSEOK!" A girl in a hideously orange dress with a pair of matching orange shoes screamed. "I LOVE YOU, BE MY HUSBAND!" Man, she got no jams. That's one girl he won't be marrying.

There were two shadows moving around upstairs, so I assumed they were maids, but something about their movements told me I was wrong. Both seemed to be wearing... Suits? Suddenly I remembered the episode from today. Could it be the boy who was hiding? But who was with him?

More and more guests started to arrive by the time my mother and father had both arrived. Neither wanted to talk to me which, I thought, was punishment for running into the woods.

I could hear the doors scrunching close and a shriek as the final guest rushed to enter. Then, we were looking at all the guests. I spotted a few fine looking faces, and ones that looked plain but intelligent nonetheless. One looked familiar, but he was too far away for me to be certain. Then I saw him.

Taehyung.

<~Jungkook's POV~>

Jimin nudged me lightly, pointing to some boy at the back. I turned and saw Taehyung. The sheer sight of him sent shivers down my spine. I could also see Jin, rosy in a pink dress, but she looked somewhat different. I sincerely hoped that those two wouldn't mess tonight up.

"Welcome to the Royal Castle, my subjects!" The king stood up and spoke. "As you all know, tonight is the Royal Ball, so please enjoy yourself to whatever extent you wish! Please remember that two of these guests will marry my son, Prince Hoseok-" At this, he was cut off by whispers from the girls and a round of applause.

Hoseok would make a good king. Anyone who helped me would make a good one.

"-and my daughter, Princess (Y/N)." The king continued once the noise died. "However, Prince Hoseok will take his wife to go his aunt's and uncle's hospital, being the younger one. They will get married there, while Princess (Y/N) will rule here. Now, let the Ball begin!"the end of his speech was greeted with a loud cheer as people tried to get the royal family's attention and approval.

I made my way to join the suitors and have a talk with the guests, but then I felt hands close around my arms and drag me somewhere. A blindfold covered my eyes before I could scream for help.

I was alarmed and terrified. Was it Jin? Was it Taehyung? It was more than one person, because another pair of hands covered my mouth.

"Mmf!" I struggled to break free of their grip and licked the person's hand.

"Bro, he licked me!" A cute, boyish voice cried out. It was a boy? What could he possibly want from me?