Chapter 3~The Kiss

<~(Y/N) POV~>

Dance again. I didn't mind dancing, but I wasn't fond of twirling around when a big day was about to come. I preferred activities that alleviated my stress, like eating and more eating.

"A three, and a two, and a one!" My mum yelled. I sighed again and began the steps with Hoseok as my partner. My brother excelled in dancing, and I could hardly keep up with him. Which was probably why he kind of taught me dancing.

"Do you not want to dance right now?" Hoseok chuckled, as if reading my mind. "I can help you get out if you help me too."

I shook my head in disbelief. Knowing my brother, the favour I would have to do for him would most likely include horses. But I was practically desperate to get out of dancing and to explore the forest for my trees to scale.

"Yes, do what you need to do."

He smirked, and I could almost hear gears turning in his head. The next thing I knew, I was dangling from Hoseok's arms, my head dangerously close to the floor while he leaned in close. I could feel his breath and my heartbeat sped up. 'What was he doing?'

"Hobi?" I asked nervously. My brother responded with a low chuckle, and dropped me to the floor.

I let out a yelp from the impact, turning my mum's attention on us. She had been chatting with a couple of maids. I shot Hoseok a reproachful glare, to which he responded infuriatingly with a wink.

"Eomma, (Y/N)'s officially done for the day! She's improved so much, she'll definitely be fine!" He cheerfully bursts out. "You should've seen her twirls, they were so graceful."

My mum smiled at my approvingly. "You've really been working hard, haven't you?" I could hear pride in her tone. I beamed at her, letting her know the credit went to her and Hobi.

"You two can have some free time, you worked so hard."

I grinned at my brother, surprised. 'It worked!'

"Yay! Thankseu~" I waved at Hoseok. "Let's go!"

As soon as we got outside, he told me what I had to do for him. It was more or less what I expected: to swap our horses for a week.

"You had mine last week already!" I half-heartedly protested.

"But I like your horsie! And that was another horse I had last week. I want to learn about horses. Please, my fabulous, wonderful and kind sister?" He pleaded, going on his knees and doing a funny little dance. I couldn't refuse him.

My heart was pounding as I raced through the woods. I hoped I wasn't too late for our meeting, and that he would still me there, by the clear stream which was surround by flowering trees. My red dress rippled in the wind. I could sense him before I reached our secret clearing. The soft, baby pink petals tickled my soles as I threw off my high heels.

"Taehyung?"

A shadow moved from above. "Come join me, my princess."

He always knew what I wanted best.

I scaled the thickest tree, about to pull myself into the covert treehouse at the top of the thick branches until a pair of strong, muscular arms grasped me and lifted me into the house.

I pouted at Taehyung. "I could've have done it myself, how could you underestimate my skills!" I gave him my fabulous hair flip, to which he laughed at.

"It's good to see you again, just before the Ball actually." Taehyung took my hand in his. "I'm sure on the day you'll be surrounded my admirers. I'm glad to have a little time with my beloved princess to myself." He placed a little kiss on my delicate hand, and a blush formed on my cheeks. Taehyung was a really charming gentleman, and he was polite.

I met him last year, when I had an episode with a rogue maid. I had ran deep into the forest, and discovered this clearing, my tears falling freely. Taehyung had been building a treehouse of his own back then, and saw me crying. He was my comfort when I needed him ever since.

However, as close as we were, I had no intentions of taking what we had right now even further. But I knew Taehyung did.

"Hoseok got me out of dance practice today. Again." I recounted what happened to him. His initial joyous expression hardened, if ever so slightly.

"...and then he asked for a horse swap for the 20th time!" I babbled on. "He must a serious obsession with horses." We both laughed.

"Did you say... He went really close to your face, and then threw you onto the floor?" Taehyung angrily asked. I was taken aback by his sudden query. 'What?

"Yeah...?"

He crept close to me in a flash, cornering me underneath him. Taehyung was leaning close into my face, just like Hoseok was.

"No one," he whispered in an almost menacing way, "is allowed to do that apart from me."

Next thing I felt were Taehyung's soft lips kissing mine passionately. I felt sparks ignite within me, being with someone who I loved, even if it wasn't in that way. I felt myself kissing him back, experiencing emotions I never felt before. With every second that passed, I wanted more and more.

But I knew I couldn't have more.

Reluctantly I broke the kiss, gasping for breath and saw Taehyung's dazed face.

"What was that?" I demanded answers from him. Yes, we were close, but I had no feelings for him, and then he just pounces on me.

His gaze was even as he spoke to me. "I love you, and no boy is allowed to kiss you without my permission." He declared. I sighed playfully.

"Hoseok didn't kiss me, and he's my brother..." I laughed at Taehyung's face changing into a look of realisation. He turned bright red, then plucked a flower from high above to fix into my hair.

"Sorry, sorry..." He scratched his head awkwardly. "I forgot he was your brother."

This boy...

"Is anyone coming from your family tomorrow?" I tried to break the ice.

"My brother, Jimin and maybe some other guy." Taehyung frowned, as if remembering an unpleasant memory.

"Who?" I was curious. He had never mentioned anyone else apart from Jimin.

"He's Jeon Jungkook."