Chapter 9~Speaking From the Heart

<~Jungkook's POV~>

"Kookie, care for a dance?" Hoseok called me over from the dessert table. I pouted slightly as having to leave  the chocolate fountain behind, but I made my way to go to him nonetheless.

The tune changed slightly, taking on a slower beat as he put his hand on my waist. We swayed to the music, making quiet conversation and comments about the guests.

"Jungkook, I have something to tell you." Hoseok drew in a deep breath.

"It's fine, Hoseok," I interrupted him, knowing how awkward it was for him to confess. "Jackson and Bambam already told me."

"They did?" He let out his breath in relief, relaxing. "Now I can ask you something else. You know your half-brother?"

"Jimin?" I asked unknowingly.

"No, the other one called Taehyung." The atmosphere was suddenly tense again.

"Oh." In the strange twist things had went, I had completely forgotten about him. "What about him?"

"Does he like anyone?"

I went silent. Taehyung liking someone? Did he even have a heart? But that wasn't exactly true, he was trying to help me...

I looked off to one side, to see that the princess glanced our way casually, meeting my eyes and igniting another spark.

"No, I believe none that I know of." I turned back to Hoseok, replying him.

"Alright, thanks." He flashed me a toothy grin, then ended the dance here.

I went back and sat at the dessert table, starting to nibble on a strawberry. Did Hoseok have feelings for Taehyung? When had they even met? Jimin probably had told Hoseok about him, but it didn't explain how Hoseok actually knew him.

I turned my attention to the princess, watching yet another boy dance with her. Something about the scene didn't look quite right. Her smile slowly grew smaller and smaller, until it was almost a frightened look on her face. Without knowing it, I had already begun walking towards them.

The guy attempted to draw her into an empty room and I followed silently. How could no one notice this?  The door swung shut before the princess screamed out loud. I broke into a run, not understanding why only a few heads turned at the scream.

"Someone come help!" I yelled, but they were all focused on something in the middle of the room. Guess I'd have to do this by myself. I just hoped I wasn't too late...

<~(Y/N)'s POV~>

"Hello, Princess." A handsome guy smirked before starting a dance with me. "My name's Jaebum."

I smiled. Here was another one with good manners and respected me. "I assume you already know me." Jaebum chuckled.

"Indeed I do. Would you do me the favour of coming with me somewhere a little more private?"

My smile faded. "I happen to find the dance floor a good place to dance, as there is a reason it is named that." I told him curtly. "I don't see any reason why we should move elsewhere."

Jaebum's smile unnerved me. "Oh, but I want to give you something good." He spoke with a low voice, sounding almost creepy but alluring at the same time. "I know you find me irresistible."

"No, I do not." I retorted. Yes, I was lying, but he had no right to talk to me, the royal princess, like this. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have oth-" He cut me off by grabbing my wrists and pulling me towards an empty room.