Chapter 8

What does it feel like to be in hell? Currently I know this feeling because a freaking seven mouthed creature is chasing after me! His other mouths are sown shut, but one was opened currently screaming at me to "Get back here!". Normally I'd be frozen in place trembling in fear.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I awoke startled from the dream I had. Or was it actually a dream? Maybe it was a nightmare disguised as a dream. I got up tossing the violet silk blanket to the side, grabbed some clothing, and headed to the shower. After my shower I remembered Eric had Jeff and Ben trapped in his room. I bet Jeff was starving the poor guy. So I quickly headed downstairs, I begin making a cup of noodles, I quickly put the noodles in the microwave, and punch the numbers in. I pulled out a drawer, grabbing a fork, as the microwave went off, I grabbed an oven mitt, and ran up the stairs with the instant meal. I put the fork in the noodles and knocked on Eric's door it came wide open. Jeff and Ben were still tied to the chairs.

"Ambrosia nice to see you and you brought some food." Eric raises his brow.

"It's for Jeff." I gestured to him.

"I'm not going to eat th-" Jeff gets cut off.

"YOU ARE GOING TO EAT IT!" I yelled at him.

Jeff knocked his chair over and Ben began to laugh.

"You are going to be late for school just hand me the noodles." Eric informs I hand him the noodles.

I gather the things I need for school. I rush to the community bus stop.

~~~~

School was okay except for the atmosphere was off which made me uncomfortable. I took the community bus home as always and sat alone. I looked out the window and saw Jack running through the woods with two other masked figures. I got off the community bus at my stop and walked the rest of the way home. Something felt off that is until I had someone bump into me.

"Ah! Sorry my apologizes!" The person exclaimed offering me a hand.

I took it and the person helped me up. "No need to worry." I was kinda upset about it.

"You see I'm playing this new game and you run around catching creatures." The person said. "My bad I forgot to introduce myself my name is Leon Henderson." He grinned.

"You mean the baseball player born back in nineteen fifty-eight?" I was confused.

"No silly not that Henderson. You know the Henderson in Kentucky." He smiles goofily.

"I'm guessing you are playing Pokémon Go?" I was sure that was what he was playing.

"Something like that yeah! Instead you catch these creatures from Hunter x Hunter." He smirks.

"I'm heading home now." I blurted out.

"Have a nice day see you around!" He exclaimed taking off.

I continued heading home. I heard something rustle in the bushes and I was at full sprint. Heck I squished myself between the bars of the gate at my house and it hurt like hell! After making it to the porch of the house I collapsed. I began taking ragged breaths and got up a couple of minutes afterwards. I took out the house key inserting it in the keyhole I quickly unlocked the door, tossed the stuff inside, grabbed the key, slammed the door shut, and locked it. I began rapidly locking things around the house and once I was done grabbed a liter of water. I began chugging the stuff down, because of how thirsty I was. After a little bit I was greeted with Eric floating downstairs.

"Jeff enjoyed the noodles." He comments.

"I was going to force feed him, but you were right I was almost late." I responded then took a sip of water.

"You look scared." He looks concerned.

"Something was chasing after me right after I left a conversation with a teen about my age." I informed.

"Bring your brass knuckles next time alright." He orders.

"Okay I forgot just this one time I'm sorry." I muttered sometimes he acts like my dad.

"Good now you have to prepare dinner soon right?" He questions.

"Yes I do." I frowned looking at the clock it reads four o'clock.

"You best get to it then." He then disappears.

I prepared chicken noodle soup after it was done I turned the stove off. I grabbed a soup ladle, a bowl, and spoon. I poured the soup in the bowl and set the ladle to the side. I went up the steps to Eric's room and knocked on the door. It came open Eric stepped to the side.

"I made chicken noodle soup." I informed.

"More food!" Jeff exclaims as his chair lurches forward lucky his chair didn't fall.

"I'm guessing you are excited about it?" I questioned.

"Yes I haven't ate since this morning." Jeff complains.

I go over to Jeff I stood in front of him.

"Sexy momma going to feed you I'm jealous." Ben complains.

"You want some too?" I questioned.

"I'm a ghost I cannot eat." Ben informs me.

"Oh." I was confused, but didn't question it.

After feeding Jeff which took forever in a life time. This was due to his jaws pouring out the liquid,  because of his carved smile. I left the room, ate, and I did the dishes. Mom and Dad came home around eight. Due to them working overtime or night shifts. A little later on I decided to go to bed even though I didn't have school tomorrow.