Chapter 23

Thump.. thump.. thump

My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest.

I cannot die here not now. The screeches behind me getting louder as those hideous creatures get closer nearby. They surround me in a circle. The creatures begin growling. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I sense one of them lunging at me. My body ignites into flames and the creature wails as it is burned to a crisp. The other creatures began to back away from me. They look horrified to see the one on the ground. I send flames towards them they try to run away. I end up setting the whole woods on fire. I begin to hear sirens of a fire truck. I dash away, but bump into a pair of black dress pants. I fall to the ground looking up I see the creature.

"You are the next main proxy." He looks at me.

"I am wh-"

Before I could say anything he grabs me and we disappear in a plume of smoke. I thrash around in his arms. I even try to escape though it is useless he has a strong grip on me. I hope my family will do alright without me. What he said sounded quite important. He walks at a casual pace towards a run down mansion. Gosh I hope it is not from those shitty fanfics people read. Fan-Fiction writers make it look like a nice refurbished mansion. This place on the other hand looks like a hunk of dirt.

"Now it looks run down on the outside, but it runs fairly well on the inside."

I rolled my eyes. I did not really care. We walked by a big quick sand pit and I rose a eyebrow.

"That is there for when someone is rude to one another, picks on another, or they do training wrong."

I remain silent. My throat is dry and my chest rises. I let it slowly fall down too.

"You are a selective person you wish to remain mute as much as possible." He states. "Though I know you can talk nothing inside you is damaged." He informs.

We arrive to the front porch and he sets me down gently. The porch has no polish and some pieces of it are ripped up. It looks like people could just get splinters by sitting on it. The door opens. A figure pokes its head out. Green eyes looking at my brown ones. The door opens all the way. It is a small girl in a pink dress. She holds a teddy bear and there is blood dripping down her forehead.

"Sally this is Penelope Lynn Calderwood. The girl we have been looking for."

Sally walks up to me; looking me up and down. Sally gets a look of disappointment on her face.

"She does not look like the one mentioned in the prophecy!" Sally complains.

"She will in time, time will tell when it comes." He informed her.

"It does not even mention how the prophecy ends!" Sally shrieked before walking off into the house.

"She is a stubborn little one always has been." He sounded happy.

I nodded in agreement just so an argument would not start out. I had a feeling I was not going to like it here. I entered the mansion right beside Slender many creatures and people showed up into the room. A feeling of uneasiness filled the room. The symbol on my body hurting really badly. It was located near my neck. It burned a lot; it was a bright red symbol. All the other people in the room had the symbol as well. Slender introduced me to everyone announcing that I was a mute. They all just looked at me in awe as if I was a zoo animal in an exotic exhibit. Well one was eyeless and the girl standing next to him had the same skin tone. What a Mary Sue she is except the hair color, height, weight, and clothing color. I already began to hate her, but I did not think about it so Slender did not pick it up. Everyone left including the Mary Sue. Slender led me upstairs I looked around in awe. We walk up two sets of stairs. We continue down a hallway before we reach a pine door.

"I have been preparing this room for years to come. It has been years since a main proxy has appeared."

I begin to think for once instead of doing nothing.

'How many years has it been?' I was curious.

"About two centuries ago."

'So you are saying it has been two hundred years since a main proxy has shown up?'

"Exactly back then there we about forty of them in 1818. Twenty of them were killed. People thought they were witches or warlocks."

'That is very unfortunate.'

Slender opens the door the room is all red. My favorite color the color of human blood. The bed looked very brand new. I looked around seeing art pieces I had that disappeared years ago.

'You snuck into my house and stole my precious art pieces?!!' I was angry.

"We thought it would make you feel more at home. So at the time we selected your best pieces." Slender informs.

'I guess it makes me feel more comfortable.' I responded walking to the bed.

I took a seat on the bed. I began to calm down at a rapid rate. I wrapped myself in the blanket on the bed. It hugged close to my body.

'Thank you so much I feel comfortable already.'

"Your training will begin tomorrow at 9am." Slender says.

He walks out closing the door behins him. I lay down more properly on the bed looking at the ceiling. It had red stars on the ceiling. I counted them slowly and I slowly ended up drifting off to sleep.

Some time passes before I am awoken by a loud knock on my bedroom door. I remove the covers from my body tossing them off to the side.

"Penelope dinner time." Sally popped her head through the door.

I nodded my head in a "yes" gesture quickly untangling knots in my hair. Sally opened the door the rest of the way. I did sign language doing a thank you gesture. Sally shut my bedroom door and we carried on downstairs. Sally led me towards the kitchen where everyone was seated. Slender was at the front end of the table and Eyeless Jack was at the end of the table. It was obvious that those two were in command. The Mary Sue was sitting on one side of Jack. While Ben was on the other. Closer near Slender was Masky, Hoodie, Laughing Jack, Sally, and lastly me. Sally took her seat and I sat next to her. Dinner looked good enough to eat and after dinner was done I went up to bed for training tomorrow.