Chapter 19

I felt a warmth at my side its chest rising and falling I open my eyes. It's one in the morning I look over to my bed partner it is Jack. His mask is off, but since he is eyeless I cannot tell whether he is sleeping or not. I snuggle closer to him the response is his body stiffening, but he does not say a word. I watch him sleep for at least thirty minutes before I go back to bed. I think it is not to long before maybe three hours later I hear a wretched screeching outside and immediately bolt up in my bed Jack does not budge at all. I swear it is a duivel I silently, but stealthily climb out of the bed without a noise. I push pillows up against Jack to pretend it is my body. I leave the room silently padding my barefeet down the hallway. I go downstairs the steps make creaking noises, but it does not wake anyone. I find my tack shooter strapping it to my back with all the necessary equipment to be able to use it. I also grab the tacks loading it up I take a deep breath. I opened the door it lets out a small creaking noise and a gust of wind hits my face. The stars are still out; I quickly walk outside shutting the door. My feet padding against the wooden porch and I go down them getting a few splinters. I continue to follow the screeching and I find the culprit. It is a duivel I do not say a word I lift the tack shooter pulling the trigger many rounds of tacks. Many of the tacks lodge into its skull and chest. I quickly reload and shoot it some more just to make sure it is dead. Once confirmed dead I crush its skull with my foot really hard brain matter scatters everywhere. I hear about ten wretched screeching sounds followed by something screaming in pain. I quickly follow the noise into the woods barefoot. Many sharp branches and roots prick my legs along with my feet. I reach my destination a clearing in the woods. I see Slender Man with about ten duivel; one by one they attack him, but eight tendrils shoot out killing eight of them. I dart after the other two shooting them numerous times with the tack shooter and they fall limp. Slender looks exhausted and weak. He does not notice until now that I am here and that I am covered in blood. He turns into a human; he looks at me with his eyes they're black, his skin pale, and his hair a silver color.

"Ambrosia is that your blood?" He asks me.

"Some of it maybe yes my feet have splinters and my legs got beat up by some branches." I responded.

"Let me get you cleaned up." He grumbles sweeping me off my feet he removes the tack shooter.

"What about my tack shooter?!" I tried to writhe away to get it.

"It is to heavy this place is also not safe. I will get you a brand new one for now use your brass knuckles and throwing stars." He informs me picking up the pace of his walking.

"The mansion is that way Slender why are we going this way?" I ask suspiciously.

"Leading them back to the mansion is not the wisest idea."  Slender says.

Slender and I go silent not a word is said. Slender continued to walk away from where we fought the duivels. It seemed like where we were going took forever. We arrived at an abandoned park I only caught a glance of the sign. It looked like it had been abandoned for years. Slender set me down on the inside of the cave once he is in the cave he pushes a big boulder closing the cave doors. Slender runs down the cave. Soon enough I see him again crawling on the cave walls with all his tendrils with a lantern in hand.

"Follow me." Slender says.

"O-okay." I stutter.

I rose to my feet. A intense pain shooting through my feet and my legs wobble. I follow him down the cave. He moves down the cave with swift speed and grace I barely can catch up to him. I am literally running to catch up with him. The immense pain in my body stops. My lungs feel like they are on fire as I keep going. We reach the end of the cave and I collapse to the ground. My legs and feet uncontrollably shaking. Slender hops down on to the ground. Setting down the lantern he lights more of them. The once barely lit cave becomes fully lit and there is the map of the park on the wall. I take in the cave more to see first aid kits all over. Slender goes to the first aid kits and begins pulling out stuff. He pulls out gauze, bandaids, two bottles of peroxide, a needle, and some thread. Slender walks over to me with all the stuff in hand. He opens a thing of peroxide  pouring it on my legs it cleans off dirt along with some mud. I scream in immense pain and whimper. He began pulling out the thorns and splinters. I begin to scream in immense pain. I am sure he got annoyed, because he put a hand on my mouth. He put gauze on some wounds, bandaids on some, and stitched some big wounds up.

"I need you to patch my wounds so I will sit down use your knees to kneel do not use your feet they are damaged badly." Slender informs.

He brings over the supplies sitting down next to me. I do not use my feet and I kneel using my knees to hold me up.

"Do not get mad if I mess up stitching your wounds." I informed him.

All he did was nod before taking his suit shirt off setting it to the side. I begin with disinfecting the wounds on his body. Soon enough I am using bandaids on some part, gauze on other parts, and stitching . Once I am done I check to see how I did with the stitching on his wounds. It was a perfect straight line and not as bad as I thought.

"I am done." I informed Slender.

He put his shirt back on getting up he pulled out a cot. He pulled out a blanket putting it on the cot.

"Get some rest child." Slender said.

I crawled with my knees and arms to the cot. I flung my feet onto the cot first and used my upper body muscles to fling the rest of my body onto the cot. I cuddled the blanket then began to snuggle it close to me. I took a long deep breath and closed my eyes. I fell asleep on the cot and was comfortable at least.