Chapter 6

Today was a pretty peaceful day. Reece left me alone and my friends didn't bug me about my 'progress' with getting the notebook back. Although it was still an issue. I wonder how far he has read. I was in a very bouncy mood so I decided to go to the studio after school. 

There are not classes on a Fridays so I had the studio all to myself. I let the music take over my body and a smile lit up my face as my body moved to the jazzy music. I was in the middle of a turn when I noticed my reflection wasn't the only one in the mirror. I spun to a stop and pushed my hair out of my face.

"You're not half bad," Reece said in the doorway. "And yet you stay here instead of going out to parties like a normal human being."

I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding and went to take a sip of water. "What are you doing here Reece?"

"I told Devon I would teach you how to fight remember?" he said as he walked further into the room. 

I pursed my lips. "And you want to teach me now?" I asked and he shrugged and nodded. I crossed my arms over my chest. "How did you know I was here?" I questioned.

"Devon told me where your studio was and told me I should check it out. Then I noticed a very sexy dancer in here so I decided to come in, only to be disappointed when I found out it was only you."

I smirked. "You know Reece, if you were trying to insult me, you shouldn't have said that I was sexy."

His cheeks turned the faintest shade of red and if you weren't looking closely you could've missed it. "Whatever," he said with an eye roll. "Let's start."

I groaned. "Fine. What do we do?" I asked.

He walked up so he was standing in front of me and held his arms out wide. "Punch me."

"What?" I asked confused. 

"I want you to punch me as hard as you can," he ordered. "Come on, let's see what you got."

I was hesitant at first, but then I figured, eh, why not? So I curled my fingers into a fist and slammed it into his stomach. A small 'oof' came out of his mouth and he stumbled back a step. I cradled my fist and rubbed my knuckles soothingly. Stupid Reece Matthew abs.

"Wow," he said as he coughed. "That was a pretty solid punch," Reece admitted. 

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" I asked and then smirked at my words. Me. Hurt Reece Matthews. Ha ha.

He rolled his eyes. "No. I'm just surprised that you actually have a decent punch. Why the hell does Devon  think you need help?" he asked. 

I shrugged. "Beats me. And don't be sexist. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't hit."

"Alright, let's try something else. I'm going to pretend to punch you, and you block," he instructed. 

My eyes widened. Oh no. Before I could protest, a fist came flying towards my face and I screamed as I held up my arms to protect my face.

"Seriously?" I heard Reece say. "I even warned you this time!" I slowly dropped my arms only to see him shaking his head. "Devon was right, you definitely need some work," I frowned at that. 

For the next thirty minutes or so, we went over all of the different kinds of basic blocks you could do. Then we kept practicing and practicing. By the time were finished my muscles were sore and I was breathing heavily.

"Much different than frolicking around your little studio, isn't it?" he smirked.

I scowled at him. "You think dancing is easy?"