Chapter 7

"I can't believe you beat me!" Reece whined as we walked back to the car.

"Well I am really starting to regret that I did," I said as I clutched my stomach. 

"That's what you get, Little Lilah," he teased.

"No, it's what you'll get when I throw up on you," I shot back, only half joking.

He rolled his eyes. "That's it, I'm driving," he said as he held out his hand. "Keys," he ordered.

I shook my head. "No way! Based on your motorcycle skills, you are a reckless driver."

His face darkened for a moment before quickly covering it up. He chuckled, but it seemed forced. "If I recall, I'm not the one who fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a stop sign," he said as he pinched my cheek. I smacked his hand away and stuck my tongue out at him. 

"That was your fault, jerkbutt."

"Jerkbutt?" he said as he quirked an eyebrow at me. 

I nodded. "Yup. That's what you are."

"Lilah, just give me the damn keys," he said as we came to a stop at my car. 

"But if you drive me home, how will you get home?" I asked. Not like I cared. 

He shrugged. "I'll have Carter come pick me up."

I sighed. "Fine, here," I said still clutching my stomach. 

Once we got in the car, I was really regretting my decision of eating so much. I was so fat right now it looked like I was pregnant. And right now I had twin food babies. 

I started to give him my address but he cut me off. "I know where you live."

"Is stalking people a hobby of yours?" I asked. 

He rolled his eyes. "No, but your brother does throw a lot of parties. And if I were a stalker, why would I stalk you? Why not stalk someone famous," he commented. 

"You're so weird," I told him. 

"Me? You're the weird one. What girl challenges a guy to a food eating contest?" he questioned. 

I shrugged. "I probably wouldn't have if I wasn't so hungry. But you should just suck it up and face the fact that you lost."

"I didn't lose."

"Yeah, you kinda did. So be a man and own it. Rub some dirt on it."

He laughed. "Rub some dirt on it? You didn't hurt me."

"I hurt your ego," I replied with a grin. 

He frowned. "Did not," he protested. 

"Really? Being beat by a girl doesn't hurt your ego?" I replied to annoy him. 

"Gosh you are infuriating!" looks like my plan was working. "No wonder you've never had a boyfriend."

"Good thing too," I responded. "Because if all guys are whiner babies like you I don't think I can handle it," I said as we pulled up to my house. 

He blew out air from his nose as if trying to compose himself. I chuckled quietly to myself. Once we got out of the car we both stood there awkwardly for a bit. I shivered when a breeze blew by, making the already chilly night even cooler. 

"Um, do you wanna come inside and wait?" I asked him. 

He simply nodded and followed me inside. 

As I shut the door and headed into the living room I saw my mother pinning a dress to a very tall, skinny model. 

"Malissa can you turn a little to the left, please," she instructed.