Chapter 12

Alexia POV

I wake up the next morning to a text from Niall.

Hey Alexia, it was so nice to dance with you last night. Sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Have some time this week?

It was strange to me that I wasn't bothered in the slightest that it took him nearly 12 hours to text me, but I was proud of myself. I had always been the one who overreacted and analyzed everything far before it was necessary and I felt at peace knowing that for once in my life, I was letting things with Niall run their course. I wasn't sure what would happen between us, but I knew that I could only hope it was continuing on the path we were currently on.

It was Sunday, and as much as I had enjoyed my day off from responsibilities yesterday, I knew that I needed to crack down on some homework. The proposal for my chemistry project was due in a week and a half, and I had no doubt that I would be doing all of the work. I decide to shoot Zayn a text to see if he wants to meet up in the library to study and he happily obliges.

"Alexia! How's that chemistry project coming along?" Zayn asks with a smile as I take a seat across from him at one of the large tables.

"Awful. I mean I might as well not even have a partner the way its going." Zayn gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Well, you know sometimes life throws us challenges and we just have to catch them and do our best."

"Do you ever run out of philosophical advice?" I ask.

"No not really." He shrugs.

"Zayn I just don't know how I'm going to get this all done before next week alone. There are so many pieces and I want it to be good you know. Professor Sampson must hate me as it is. "

"Did you tell him that you were working on it today?" Zayn prods.

"Of course not" I sigh. "It wouldn't do any good. He's no doubt hungover from last night and I know that he wouldn't consider a weekend part of our agreement."

"It's worth the attempt." Zayn says. I sigh giving in to Zayn's argument. It's not like things could been any worse between Louis and I, we practically loathed each other as it is. I pull out my phone and click on Louis name. Good thing I had managed to convince him that I might need his contact information in case of an "academic emergency".

Hi. I'm working on the project in the library right now. Could use some help considering its due next week.

I press send. "Done." I say to Zayn and stick my head back in books. If this was ever going to get done without me ripping my hair out, I was gonna have to accept that fact that I was doing it solo.

Two hours later, with no response from Louis, I let out a sigh. "Zayn, I need to take a break for awhile. The dance club is meeting today so I thought I would get a bit of practice in to relieve some stress."

"I think that sounds like exactly what you need Alexia. I'll probably still be here when you are done, so feel free to stop back by."

"I'll probably take you up on that offer" I say with a laugh and head towards the studio.

***************

Louis POV

I wake up on Sunday with a pounding head and a nauseated stomach. The night before is a blur. The last thing I remember is sitting on the football field with my good friend Jack Daniels. I don't remember how I even got to Harry's apartment, but I have a suspicion that in my drunken state I had given him a call.