Chapter 5

GOAL!" I shout, as the ball hits the net, just out of reach of the goalie's hands.

"Tommo has  his game on today!" someone exclaims. I smile, I am the best soccer player on campus.

I run my hand through my hair, now lined with sweat. Grabbing a bottle from the grass, I take a swig.

Niall Horan slides in beside me. "How were your classes today Tommo?" he asks, in his usual perky voice.

"Oh you know the usual...." I think back on the rather long day of classes, except..."hey what was the name of that girl you met the other day?" I realize I've seen Niall with Alexia before, and knowing him he probably has a crush on my annoying lab partner.

"umm.... oh Alexia, ya Alexia, she's hot isn't she?" Niall says with his sideways smile. No matter what he said, I knew he wanted to be me. He was always searching for the prettiest girl and always trying to be the best player on the team. He was highly competitive even in the intramural soccer we were playing right now.

"She's pretty cute," I repeat back, seeing what kind of a rouse I can get from Niall. He gets this sort of offended look in his eyes, and I know that he already is viewing me as competition.

"Oh don't give me that look Niall, she's all yours. One day with her as my lab partner and I've already had enough," I groan. Thinking about the upcoming semester was enough to send me off the deep end, I didn't need another studious Harry-like figure in my life.  

Niall's smile grows a little wider. "Put in a good word for me?" Niall says, standing up and retrieving the ball from under the bench. I grab another swig of water before rising to join him.

"I don't think she's your type Nialler," I say with a laugh dribbling the ball Niall has now thrown at me with my knees. Although I'd never dated a girl like Alexia before, I had an idea of how they operated. Girls like her were stuck-up and prude, and would put their studies above all else. They couldn't survive in the world of jocks and populars, they were far too unsocial.

"Pretty girls are always my type," Niall says.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever you think," I say and go out to play soccer.

-------------

I plop down on the couch of my dorm room, Harry sitting on the chair across from me, a box of pizza between us.  "Did you get lab partners for Chemistry today?" Harry asks. I knew he would ask about that, he always brought it up. Science nerd.

"Ya, the female version of you," I laugh.

"So you are sure to pass then?" Harry says with a smirk.

"If I don't kill her by the end of the semester or Niall Horan," I reply, thinking of Niall's strange obsession with my lab partner.

"What's Niall got to do with it?" Harry asks, taking a bite out of his pizza.

"Oh he has a little crush, you know how he is with girls," I say. Niall was one of those guys, a new girl every few weeks. He couldn't help himself, he was a ladies man.  He was never in it for a serious relationship, but then again was I?

"Is she pretty?" Harry asks.

"Not you too Styles, although from what I know about her you guys would be a perfect match." Harry rolls his eyes at my comment. "Yea, she's beautiful, but totally stuck-up and way out of Niall's league."

"Beautiful, wow haven't heard you use that word in a while... have you stopped seeing that blonde bimbo yet?" Harry asks. He had a strong disliking for Erica, and I didn't blame him. She could be quite the idiot sometimes. But she was the most popular girl on campus, so that counted for something right?