Chapter 2

"Welcome students, I am happy to invite you all back to campus. Before we start our year I would like to remind you of a few things..." The president adjusts his round glasses,  framing his face like a man from the 1800s.

"This year get involved. Learn something new,  make new friends,  join a club. Make your college experience a great one and do not let a moment go to waste. Challenge yourself to expand your mind and become a more encompassed human being. Myself and the rest of the university faculty are excited to see what the new year will bring us. We cannot wait to see what our new class of freshman will add to the community and how are returning students will grow...." Marie lets out a yawn beside me. I giggle. This isn't exactly the most exciting start to my college experience.

"And with that I leave you to the festivities. Get to know your fellow classmates and what is happening on our beautiful campus. Good luck with your year and study hard!" he exclaims, emphasizing the words that brought excitement to only a small number of people that had gathered. I doubt any of them were students. The crowd lets out a weak applause and then quickly disperses.

"Want some food?" Marie asks pointing to a huge assortment of snacks lying on a long table a few feet away.

"Sounds good," I say and we walk towards the table.

"Oooh there he is!" Marie exclaims abruptly, pointing towards a crowd of people. I see nothing extraordinary. Just a bunch of college students.

"There who is?" I ask, scanning the group. Am I missing something important? We literally stopped in the middle of the crowd and people are rushing past on both sides of us trying to get around.

"Liam," she says in a whisper. Ohh. The hot guy her sister is dating. I follow her finger but still am unsure who she is pointing to.

"Black T-shirt," she says. I spot him. He is attractive. Muscular with dark brown hair and just enough facial hair to look sexy. But my eyes are immediately drawn to the guy next to him. His brown hair pushed back in a quiff with tan skin. I couldn't make out much of his face but I had a feeling he was hot.

"Who's that next to him?" I ask softly. Marie scans the crowd for a moment then turns back to face me again.

"That is Louis Tomlinson," she says matter-of-factly. "Probably the most well-known guy on campus. He's only a sophomore but he has a reputation that would put some seniors to shame. He's quite full of himself if you ask me, walking around with that accent and his perfectly tanned skin. "

"Accent?" I ask. I have a thing for guys with accents. But what girl doesn't?

"He's from England, I think. " I give an understanding nod.

"And that is his girlfriend," she points to a blonde standing next to him. "Erica Marlow. She's a cheerleader, junior and one of my sister's best friends. Very fake, very ditzy. "

"I take it you don't care for her," I say with a smile. She didn't seem like the type of person I would care for either.

"Not at all....crap! Stop looking Liam looked over here. Towards the table," Marie says with a laugh as we try to avoid being seen. We are horrible spies. I would never be able to work for the FBI.

"Why does it matter if he catches us looking. He's your sister's boyfriend right?" I ask, not that I wouldn't have been embarrassed myself had we been caught.

"Sophia was very clear that we would not be associating much in college. She would kill me if I started talking to her at an event like this."

"Oh so she's one of those sisters..." I say with a dramatic roll of my tongue.