Chapter 34

Alexia POV

It had been a few days since my emotional breakdown in front of Louis and I begun to feel like maybe everything would work out to be okay.  I had started to put more effort into studying again, working through chemistry problems every night before bed.  In fact it even helped to keep my mind off of things.  Louis and I had decided that we needed to get some work done on our lab project, especially since I hadn't been contributing much over the past few weeks.  

I made my way to the lab under the crisp fall air.  Campus was truly beautiful in the fall, with the leaves changing into shades of orange and red and the night was the perfect mix of cool and warm.  And I was going to be stuck in the lab instead of enjoying the weather...of course.  

I walk into the lab to find Louis already sitting there, thumbing across his phone screen. He looks up as I enter the room and he smiles as we make eye contact.  "Hey" I say. 

"How are you doing?" He replies and I pull up a chair next to him on the lab bench.  

"I'm doing better." I shrug.  And I wasn't lying.  I had been doing better, but I definitely wasn't back to normal quite yet.  "So tonight we need to..."

"Ya about that." Louis stops me mid-sentence. I look at him expecting him to suddenly have something come up, something the old Louis most definitely would have done.  "You've had a rough week, well really a rough month." 

I nod, wondering where he was going with this. "Well, and when I have one of those I need something to get my mind off of things, and that's not usually working in a Chemistry lab...so...can I show you something?"

I'm confused at first.  Did he mean that we aren't going to work on the lab, we were already weeks behind and I wasn't sure we could afford much more time without working on our project.  But here was Louis trying to do something nice and I remember what Marie had told me.  Louis had shown that maybe he wasn't the person I thought I was, and unless I stopped treating him like he was my least favorite person in the world, I would never know if our suspicions were true.   

"Okay" I say.

He looks surprised as if he didn't expect me to say yes. "Really okay?"

"Yes, okay where are we going?" I standing up and grabbing my stuff, shoving my lab notebook back into my backpack.  

"Well if I told you that it wouldn't be much fun now would it?" He smiles that mischievous smirk of his. "C'mon Alexia"

I follow him blindly, not sure where we are headed.  Campus is quite, with most people locked into their rooms or the library for the night.  "Do I at least get a hint?" I ask, as we continue walking, Peterson Hall now far in the distance.  

"Nope. Now just be thankful I didn't blindfold you, 'cause that definitely crossed my mind." I roll my eyes, like I would have agreed to have Louis Tomlinson lead me across campus blindfolded.  

"Almost there." Louis sighs as we begin to climb a hill. We are far from main campus now, to an area I have never adventured too.  I don't see any building's nearby.  

As we cross the crest of the hill, I spot an open field, with a soccer net on each side. They are falling apart, with holes in the net and the grass wearing thin in places.   

"A soccer field?" I say unimpressed.  "You wanted to show me a soccer field?"

"Its not just a soccer field Alexia.  This happens to be my absolute favorite soccer field on this campus.   And believe it or not soccer is an excellent way to get your mind off of whatever is bothering you."