Chapter 29

Alexia POV

The world is becoming a little more blurry now, the pounding music almost muted and the people surrounding me move in slow motion.  It is almost as if I have entered a dream sequence.  

"Let's go dance!" Niall exclaims pulling me out of my chair and towards the crowd of people.  I nearly trip over my own feet.  Soon we are immersed in the sweat-filled crowd of drunk college students.   My body is pressed against Nialls due to the close proximity, not that I'm complaining. As I begin to move to the beat of the music, I realize the usual stiffness of my ballet training has loosened, and I can begin to sway my hips. I dance chest to chest with Niall for a while, then turn and let his hands guide my hips. I am having the time of my life and can't even remember why I had hesitations coming here in the first place.

"Come up to my room?" Niall slurs into my ear. I turn to face him, some sense kicking in even under the spell of intoxication.

"Niall I don't think that would be a good idea right now.."

"Please" Niall gives me pleading eyes. I don't flinch. I knew where this can lead and I also knew it wasn't a decision I wanted to make without one hundred percent clarity.

"Not tonight Niall, let's just dance" I say pulling him closer to my chest once again.

Drunk Niall doesn't look too pleased with me. "Let's go get a drink"

I nod and Niall leads me back to the makeshift bar. We take another shot and I notice that this time it doesn't burn on the way down. I must be getting better just like Niall said. 

"Get her something to drink for a while" Niall says. The guy tending the bar nods and Niall stands on his feet to leave.

"Where are you going?" I ask noticing my words were a bit more drawn out.

"Just going to celebrate with the lads for a bit darling. You just have some fun."

I smile. Niall was so sweet. He just wanted me to have a good night. He wanted me to have fun. I feel so alive, like I am invincible and as I stand drink and hand I realize that I haven't seen Marie and Zayn for a while.

I scan the room for them, and spot them hanging out in a corner near the edge of the kitchen. I stand up, but my leg collapses for a moment and I have to grab on to the counter to balance myself. That was a close one.

"Marrieeeee. Zaynnnn!" I squeal and run towards them nearly tackling Marie to the ground. Marie cracks a smile. "Where did you guys go?"

"We've been right here the whole time." Zayn says with a laugh. "You're the one that ran off on us."

"I was just with Niall" I say with the loudest and most obnoxious giggle to ever leave my mouth.

"Let's go dance!!" I squeal turning around in a circle with my drink in hand and then grabbing onto Marie and pulling her onto the dance floor. Zayn follows close behind.

I let the music take over, moving my body to the rhythm.  I barely have a sense of what I'm doing until I glance over at the face Marie is making.  She looks like she is both shocked and about to burst into laughter at the same time. 

"Didn't know that you could dance like that Alexia" Marie says with a laugh. 

"It's fun!" I say, grabbing onto Zayn's hands and pulling him towards me.  He looks rather uncomfortable but I keep going.  I feel like I'm on Cloud 9.  I'm carefree, invincible and completely at ease. 

We dance for a while, and I even pull Zayn in for a few. 

"Aren't you so glad that you came" I giggle to Zayn.  He shoots back an awkward smile