Chapter 28

Alexia POV

"What are we doing again?" Zayn groans as he lays on the floor of Marie and I's room.

"For the thousandth time Zayn, we are going to Niall's for a celebration of the soccer game.  Alexia's boo thing scored the winning goal." Marie responds back sassily. 

"I know that.  But why are the two of us going again." He sighs, throwing the water bottle in his hands up in the air once again. 

"Because that is what good friends do.  Plus, we can't let Alexia venture the world of college athletes alone." I laugh at Marie's comment. 

"I want you both to know I'm only coming for the people watching." Zayn says with a laugh. 

"Understood." I reply with a giggle.  I did feel a little bad for asking Zayn to come along, but Marie insisted that in case I get too caught up with Niall to give her attention, she didn't want to be stranded alone at a party she technically wasn't invited to. 

"How do I look?" I turn around to the two of them with a little twirl, letting them get a good look at my outfit.  I had decided to venture out a bit, putting on a shirt with a deep vneck that I'm sure my mother would most definitely not approve of if she saw it.

"Sexxxyyyy" Marie hollers and my cheeks flush. "Niall won't be able to keep his eyes off of you."

"It looks nice Alexia." Zayn says softly obviously embarrassed at the way this conversation was heading. I spray my hair with hairspray before glancing in the mirror for a final look.

"Okay now let's go" I say hoping to stop Marie before she scared Zayn off too much.

Niall's apartment was about a five minute walk from our dorm. However, it felt much longer in the high heeled booties I had chosen to wear for the evening. I was definitely going to regret that later.

"So who is going to be at this celebration?" Zayn asks awkwardly. To be fair we hadn't given him much info before dragging him along for our evening of socializing, poor guy.

"The soccer team. Their friends..."

"Do you think Liam will be there?" Marie asks with the excitement of a five year old headed to the amusement park.

"Possibly. I don't know." I chuckle back.

"Louis Tomlinson will be there I'm sure." Zayn says. Marie shoots him a death glare.

"What did I say something wrong?" Zayn asks very confused. I suppose he had been quite out of the loop.

"We don't talk about him." Marie whispers with exaggeration cupping her hand to direct her voice away from me.

"I made my decision Zayn. I'm a free bird." I state proudly sticking my arms out to the side. If only my mind felt as free as I liked to pretend it was.

"Glad you came to a compromise." Zayn says with a laugh and drops the subject.

As we near Niall's apartment I can already hear the vibration of the bass, it echos off the surrounding buildings and seems to act as a beacon for tired weary college students looking for an excuse to avoid their studies for the night. People are walking towards it in all directions.

I can tell my the face Zayn makes as we enter the door that he was unprepared for the scene in front of us. The smell of the beer and sweat alone as you step inside the apartment was staggering, and it was hard to believe this was the same place where Niall and I had spent a relaxing night in just a few days earlier.

"Welcome!!!!" Some obnoxious soccer player yells in our direction. Zayn shoots me a 'do we know him' look and I shake my head no in response.

"Do you know where Niall is?" I ask our welcoming party.