Chapter 25

Alexia POV

After my conversation with Zayn and Marie, I knew I had a lot of thinking to do.  I also knew that avoiding the conflict at hand would do me no good in figuring out the emotional turmoil I had apparently gotten myself into.  So when Niall asks me if I want to have a movie night at his place.  I happily oblige. 

I knock on the door to his apartment promptly at seven.  He opens it almost immediately, coming to the door in a pair of grey sweats and a tight white t-shirt.  "Hey there stranger" Niall says, flashing that charming smile of his at me.  He opens his arms up to embrace me and I rest my head on his chest.  It did feel good to be in his arms, I couldn't discount that. 

"I'm so glad you came over" he says as I follow him into the living room.  "I feel like we haven't hung out in ages."

"It has been way too long" I agree with him.  "Thanks for inviting me over"

"Of course. I figure there's no better way to relax than a movie night, especially with how stressful your week is going to be." Niall gives me a soft smile.

"You remembered I had a test?" I say. Slightly impressed that he had managed to keep track of my school schedule on top of his own.  I had a hard enough time remembering when I even had tests, I couldn't imagine also keeping track of his. 

"You've only mentioned it about a hundred times now.  Plus what good would I be as a boyfriend if I don't pay attention to what's stressing you out?"

"Come here" I say. Pulling Niall down onto the couch next to me and pressing my lips against his.  When I pull away I look into his bright blue eyes, so sincere and caring.  "How did I get so lucky?" I whisper softly. 

"I could say the same about you" Niall says back.  The moment passes and Niall rises up from the couch.  "I'm just gonna grab us some popcorn, want to turn on Netflix and find us a movie?" I nod and grab the remote from the end table next to me, flicking on the TV.  The red loading screen of Netflix faces me and I begin my quest for a movie for us to watch. 

I smell the distinct scent of popcorn wafting into the living room a few minutes later and soon after Niall appears with a nearly overflowing bowl of buttery goodness and sets it on the coffee table in front of us.  "So what did you find for us?" he asks as he sits down on the couch beside me and rests one arm on the couch behind me. 

"Well I was thinking maybe a comedy? I could use a good laugh." I say.

Niall nods his head in agreement. "I definitely love to laugh."

"What about Neighbors? I've been dying to see it" I suggest, although I wasn't about to admit to Niall it was more for the fact that I could stare at Zac Efron for two hours.

"Sounds good to me" Niall says as he scoots his body closer to mine and I press play on the movie.  Eventually I snuggle my head onto the crook between his head and his shoulder, like a ledge made just for me.  We watch the movie in this position.  My body resting against Niall's, feeling safe and warm and content.  We laugh together, until my stomach is so sore that I swear I've developed a six-pack. 

When the movie finishes two hours later, I find myself not wanting to move.  I wanted to lay there all night, nestled in Niall's warm chest, with his chin on my head.  "I don't wanna move" I mumble.

"Then don't" Niall says softly, turning his head to look into my eyes.  The look on his face was giving me goosebumps.  It was the kind of look you always see in the romance movies.  The one where you can tell that the boy is just dying to say how he feels and how he looks at the girl like she is the most beautiful thing to walk the earth.  And the girl feels like she might faint because how could someone look at her like that? How could someone think she was so precious? You know, that kind of feeling.  "You really mean a lot to me Alexia, I just want you to know that." he says softly.  I nod, words unable to escape my lips.  But they don't need to.