Part II : The Exodus

=Number 4=

Four awoke from his death induced slumber, he floated in the amniotic fluid. One, two, three, five, other six, and eight were all around him.

"Breath Cutter." Cutter remembered to breath and took a deep breath in. "Did you see her?"

"Nine?"

"Yes Nine, that frakkin disgusting half-breed"

"Of course, she's a frakkin Viper pilot, most talented I've seen. Is eight dead?"

"No, she survived."

"Good." Three got out of the fluid and was handed a towel from a centurion. "Thank you. Cavil, we should try and have her join us, plus with her Cylon heritage it will greatly help us advance."

"But at the time we created her, we didn't know how to care for an infant."

"Does other One know?"

"Of course, he does. Unlike Athena. I'll tell him to sabotage her Viper, so we can get her."

"I agree, she would make a perfect new number seven."

=Jessica "Jackknife" Nagala=

Jessica sat up in her rack. She now understood what it means to sleep in one, they are not comfortable, cramped, and the bedding irritates her skin. Athena was laying on her bed snoring as well as some of the other pilots. She grabbed her father's old recordings and put some headphones on.

"Jessica, I know you're not old enough to understand this yet. But when I first saw you, along, screaming and wailing, it brought some coldness into my heart. Since you were an infant you always - you didn't know your place in society. For one thing, you were just a child, but secondly, you didn't know your true place in our family. Though I always have known that eventually you will find what you have been looking for. I spoke to an oracle during my last visit down to Troy, and she said "You were destined for greatness, but at a cost" I don't know what she meant, maybe someone will die, or you will lose an arm in a leg. But... know this, I am always a proud father." The recording cut out and she skipped to the next one. Her father always used the same tone of voice, he wore his pride high, and his love higher. She pressed the button and played the last message. She always saved them since she was a child. "Jessica... My daughter, I have heard that you achieved full ranks at the academy. For one thing, I never doubted your ability to fly a Viper or being an excellent soldier. I am sorry I couldn't attend your graduation since I was at a meeting about the new CNP install onto the ships. But in a couple of weeks I am making a visit to the Ares, and hope to see you then." The last recording he would ever send to her.

Jessica eventually got up when it was time for a briefing. The entire ship was quiet except for the few Marines that were around every corner. They all looked at her and then her uniform, the standard blues. She walked into the briefing room and saw the exhausted pilots. Eight days of fighting and jumping has begun to truly show the effects. Half were ready to drop, others sleeping on the desks.

"Up." They all looked at her. "Sorry to wake you, I know you're tired but we need to be ready for when more toasters arrive." Snapshot looked down at his paper that had been covered in drool. "So... Ah, there hasn't been any activity in the past 33 minutes, so we are going to stand-bye meaning you have a chance to rest until the next wave of frakkers will get here."

"Your frakkin' kidding me, you mean we got called down here just to be told there haven't been any Cylons in 33 minutes?"

"But we're still going to be waiting just in case." The flight crew groaned. "I know you're tired, we all are. Commander Eren has ordered us to use stims."