Chapter 12: End Game

Jessica looked at her bunk mates. They looked at her silently. The entire room was quiet. She looked back at her cards.

"Fold." Two others folded.

"Full Colors." Harold took the pack of Cigars, and Cubids.

"Harold, I never got the full story of what happened to Commander Eren?"

"Well after you were abducted, Sharon shot him in the chest then head. She was..."

"I know a Cylon agent. Apparently they didn't think I was even alive. When I came on board I was just a side note, a spare idea. Didn't expect it would get the Commander killed."

"It's not your fault." Jessica went back to her cards as another deal went out. "Problem is we don't know how many Cylons are out there."

"Twelve, well technically eleven. Got the creepy facts. Apparently a Seven model named Daniel was my father, and fell in love with my mother, Admiral Cains sister, and he got boxed, whatever that means."

"Is it like being bricked' She bounced her head.

"I guess. I am just a piece of technology, I have my own soul, but I am just not human."

"You're not a machine, your Jessica." Jessica returned to her cards. "Fold."

"Fold." Cricket quickly put his cards down in front of him.

'Full colors!"

"Action stations – act – "The ship quickly shook violently.

"The Frakk?" Jessica stood up and grabbed her uniform. They ran to the hangar deck which was insane, all the crew was running around waiting for orders. "Get to your Vipers, I am going to the CIC!" Jessica ran down the various corridors until she got to the CIC. "Commander!"

"The Cylons had mines, they knew we were coming here?"

"How?"

"I don't know."

"Sir, port flight pod has been destroyed." Half the Vipers are gone." The ship rattled violently. "Radiological A-" The console exploded. Comamnder Azar looked back up to the DRADIS which was fritzing in and out. There were hundreds of Cylon Baseship.

"Sir, I don't think they knew, we jumped into the middle of a staging area!"

"So what do we do?"

"You're the Commander?"

"Sir, we have orders from Admiral Cain, she is ordering a full retreat, but our FTL was knocked out."

"We're defensless. Order a evacuation, we are abandoning the ship. Crewmen Chell, load the nuclear launch bays and activate the nukes."

"Sir?"

"If we lose the ship, we are going to send her out with a bang. Now go Captain, Commander goes down with the ship."

"I can't do that Commander; I can't die remember?"

"true."

"I'll get the Ares to the ships, take my Viper." The ship rattled and they lost control.

"Sir, all weapons are down, launch tubes are inoperable."

"It's it then." Azar took the detonation key and handed it to Nagala. He saluted, "Its been a honor Captain. I'll see you on the other side."