Chapter 11: Someone to Watch Over Me

Jessica looked at the flight deck of the Pegasus, the flight deck was less crowded, mechanical, and clean compared to the Ares. The entire Viper crew looked at her as if she was a monster. She heard them snarl under their breath:

"Skin-job"

"Cylon"

"Toaster" It didn't bother her nearly as bad. She didn't care at this point; it was her destiny to be a half-breed Cylon. It wasn't her choice. She turned and saw Admiral Cain on the flight deck.

"ADMIRAL ON DECK!" Everyone snapped to attention and saluted, as did Nagala, she intended on showing the Admiral that her loyalty was to Humanity, and she would continue to serve under Oath.

"As you were, as you know I have assigned Lieutenant Nagala as CAG, I don't want to hear anything about her being a Skin Job, she has served the Ares well, as will serve us neither the less. She is the best Pilot there is, and if you decide to pull ass-hole I will have you in the brig." Admiral Cain left the flight deck. She heard the Pilots mutter under their breaths again.

"Griggs. I thought I was not CAG."

"She's testing you. See if you are worthy to fight as a Viper Pilot. She calls her most loyal and trusted assets Razors, if you know what I mean. I wonder if she considers you one."

"Action stations, action stations, set condition one throughout the ship," The alarms began to sound and the crew immediately began to get to their Vipers. Jessica saw her Viper sitting there for her. She quickly got into it. She looked to her right and saw one of the other Pilots give her a nasty look. She looked back and didn't take it to heart. The engineering crew rolled her Viper into the launch bay.

"System check, nav-com ready." She heard a metallic clunk as the launching mechanism hooked to her Viper. She looked at the technician who was looking at her systems. "Negative, engine fluctuations."

"Belay that, this ship has its issues, its normal." The technician nodded. "Plus there is no fuel valve." She gave him a thumbs up, he pressed the button and her Viper was launched into space. She looked at the Vipers who were already engaging the Cylons.

"All Vipers, stay with your wing mate." She didn't get a reply. "respond."

= Battlestar Pegasus, CIC =

Admiral Cain looked at the DRADIS, none of the Viper pilots were listing to her. She held her upper lip between her thumb and pointer finger, and waited.

"Respond." She was waiting Nagala to turn like a Cylon. She never trusted a Cylon, and never could, not after all those years. "Respond that is a order." She looked at the DRADIS as Nagalas ship got closer to the Cylons and the Viper Squadrons from the Ares and Pegasus. "Ares red squadron on me" She looked and saw one of the Ares squadrons move on her. She didn't think they could trust her, but she was wrong. She listned to the other chatter, most were mumbling, others going on about a skin-job. "Engage the Raiders, anyone heard of the Husker maneuver?"

"Jackknife you're not serious, they will blow us out of the sky."

"Not if I know it." Admiral Cain looked at the DRADIS as the Viper squadron assumed a attack formation. She had seen the maneuver during the videos during her time at the Academy. William Adama during the middle of the Cylon war.

= Jessica Nagala =

Jessica looked at the Raiders that were headed towards them. She had been waiting for the Pegasus to order a retreat. "Come on." The Raiders were hesitating to shoot. "Come on." The Raiders were within range of their weapons. The Raiders Eye slit opened up and the red eye appeared. Their weapons opened fire. "BREAK!" The Entire squadron broke apart and flew above and behind the Raiders. Jessica pulled the trigger and destroyed two Raiders in a row. "One frakkin' toasted toaster. Guys, the Pegasus squadron needs our help." She hit the stick and the Viper flew forward at vicious speeds. 'Fire at will." She opened fire destroying several more Raiders in the process. She destroyed one and the top of her Viper Canopy was covered in blood and broken glass. "Frakk' me. Guys I am flying blind."

"Oh, frakk, you can't fight or fly like that, I'll guide you back to the Pegasus." It was Griggs, he was on her immediately, he destroyed several Raiders that were immediately on her.

"Well frakk that." She pressed the button on her Viper and blew her Canopy off. "That's better."

"You got to be kidding me! Gods damnit Nagala you are insane."

"Well you know the saying, once a Nagala, always a Nagala." She flew under a Raider and used her pistol to take it out. "Easy as ambrosia." She shot down another two.

"This is Admiral Cain, all Vipers return to your ships." Nagala and the Pegasus squadrons returned. She looked at the flight pod and was eye-balling the landing. Most Vipers had a form of HUD, but not without a canopy. She quickly put it down, she bounced for a second but came to a stop. The Pegasus flexed for a second and snapped back together. Once back on the Ares she saw the entire Squadron look at her as if she was mad.

"If you don't mind, I have to speak to the Admiral." She walked up to the CIC with two Marines following her. They took her sidearm as a precaution which didn't bother her. The CIC doors swung open, and Admiral Cain was talking to Colonel Fisk over their next coordinates. "Admiral Cain, permission to speak?"

"Go ahead Nagala?"

"What the frakk was that?"

"Exuse me?"

"Your entire squadron of Vipers ignored me, not including Griggs."

"You should sort them out."

"Admiral with all do respect, I don't think they will gain my respect, and for some reason or another the Ares still does."

"Lieutenant, if you want to know all of the Pegasus crew doesn't trust a skin-job. Not to mention my lover and IT tech tried to assassinate me?"

"Wait you were..."

"Having Sex with her, yes."

"You took the news quite personally." Admiral Cain chuckled for a second. It didn't bother her that she was a lesbian, it was not frowned upon.

"Thing is, I didn't think our crew was going to trust you. As a result, I have reinstated you the full rank of Captain, and your back to CAG of the Ares. If they trust you, fine."

"Thank you Admrial, though I thought I was going to be your Cylon prisoner for a while."

"You're too Human to be a Cylon. You look just like her you know."

"Who?"

"Your mother, my sister, though she looked a lot like my mother." Jessica turned on her heels and walked out of the CIC. It was a test, to see which crew was more accepting.