| FAKE-IT-TILL-YOU-MAKE-IT |

At lunch, Austin sat under the large tree near the cafeteria. He did not want to be around anyone because he had a lot of thinking to do, alone. The large shed and slow breeze blowing his hair away from his face felt perfect. He took a deep breath of the refreshing air then let it out, making him feel a little light headed.

That was an unfamiliar feeling because in the past two days, his head had started feeling too heavy for his neck.

"Did you get a new best friend? Just letting you know I'm not willing to fight. You're a handful and if someone is willing to take you off my hands, I could sure use the break!" Sam was already seated beside Austin by the end of his speech. So much for seclusion!

"You're not that lucky!" Austin chuckled.

"Seriously? No takers ?" Sam asked, making a disappointed face.

"Zilch."

"What about that new kid?"

"Who..Noah?"

"Yea, rumor has it the two of you had a session yesterday in the bathroom." Sam winked suggestively.

Austin's head spun around so fast to look at Sam that he might have gotten whiplash, "Say that again?"

"So, is it true?" Sam asked, wiggling his brows.

"Is what true!" Austin refused to believe what Sam had just said.

" You know ..."

"No, I don't know!" His pulse was starting to pick up pace.

Sam let out a puff, "Man, that's one nasty rumor to spread."

Austin turned his body fully to face Sam. "Ok, Sam ," he began, talking slowly as if Sam wouldn't get it otherwise, "I need you to tell me what you've heard. I wanna know everything . Don't leave out a detail.!"

"Uhh..sure. Ok, so, apparently, yesterday after your little episode with Lucy by the lockers, Noah came to your rescue and took you to the bathrooms to take care of you and then one thing led to another and he took care of you -if you catch my drift."

"What the...!"

"Yea, they're saying you guys forgot to lock the door and someone walked in on you two but you were too busy to notice."

Sam was done with his little speech and Austin was just beginning his panic attack.

"I can't believe this shit!" he said, shaking his head , his eyes wide as saucers.

"I know! That is so messed up! There's more." Sam said cautiously.

"What more could there be! How could there be more!"

"They say you refused to drive your sister because you were riding with Noah, so she had to call Michael crying so that he could drive her to school. Then you and new guy went somewhere, got it on in the car before coming to school."

Austin didn't know how to react. He just stared into space for however long it was. Couldn't they at least be a little more creative. How horny did whomever started this rumors think he was?

"Buddy, you ok?" Sam was getting concerned because the blood had drained out of his best friend's face, leaving behind the ghost-like equivalent of Austin.

"I think I'm gonna be sick!" Was all he managed.

"I know bro. This shit is disturbing."

"I mean,..I met the guy yesterday morning ! How can anyone do all that after knowing someone for two days even!"