| I'VE LIKED YOU SINCE |

As Austin got to school, he kept wondering how he was going to be able to avoid Sam the whole day. They had all classes together and sat next to each other in all of them.

How was he going to last a whole day without looking at his best friend sitting next to him while not talking to each other.

The events that transpired last night were still a shock to Austin. Never in his wildest, darkest dreams, would he have expected Sam to kiss him. They had always been more like brothers and Austin had never seen or suspected anything otherwise. Sam was always just his platonic, silly best friend.

He couldn't possibly count the number of times they had shared a bed during sleepovers or walked around almost naked in the presence of each other -they were just too many. Austin began to wonder if there had been any non-platonic thoughts going through Sam's head during those times. If so, then Sam was a damn good pretender or Austin had been too ingenuous to notice.

He was trying to come up with an excuse of why Sam had kissed him.

Maybe he was drunk.

There was no alcohol in his breath.

Maybe he was temporarily insane.

Really!?

Perhaps he was just confused by the recent changes in Austin's life and decided to experiment for himself.

Plausible.

Still, if Sam felt that way, why wouldn't he just come right out and say it instead of hiding?

And shouldn't Sam's odd behavior, if there had been any, have been perfectly palpable to Austin, having been his best friend for as long as he could remember?

He kept wondering if Sam had been having intimate thoughts and still kept it from him. Perhaps Sam had been sneaking peeks whenever Austin wasn't looking during those times he walked around in only in his underwear. That sounded creepy and unsettling.

It made Austin a little angry and he started to question a lot of the things he thought he knew about his best friend. Yea, having your best friend stick his tongue down your throat suddenly certainly does that to a guy.

Whatever was going on, Austin was not ready to know about it yet. He was still spooked about Sam kissing him out of nowhere. That was so hard and confusing to get over that he would need some time to come to terms with it -which meant that he would have to avoid Sam at all cost for the whole day. Easier said than done !

The dust from yesterday's scandal had not settled completely. There were still whispers here and there and kids still laughed or chuckled when he walked by.

"My, how admirable! Showing up at school fearlessly after what happened yesterday. I must say, it's inspiring." Somebody said from behind Austin as he stacked books in his locker and the tone of the voice didn't sound like it was coming from a friendly person.

"Who are you and what do you want!" Austin asked coldly without turning around as he shoved the books around roughly.

"It's me, your soon to be best friend." That had him turning around to see who the lunatic was and lo and behold, Jesse stood there smiling like a cat that just ate the very big canary.