Chapter 3- Pathetic Principal, I Love You...Tube

Chapter 3- Pathetic Principal, I Love You... Tube

I wake up to the feeling of a light tingle on my arm. I'm a very light sleeper- any sound of movement unravels my consciousness. I guess it's because I'm always aware of things. It's good to be, right? You never know what happens to you, especially when you're sleeping.

My eyes flutter open as I rub my eyes and take a look at my arm. Oh hell no. I let out a terrified scream that lasts for about ten seconds, and another ten seconds after I gasp for air. On my arm lays a tiny but still disgusting cockroach. It's hilarious how tarantulas and alligators don't scare me as much as cockroaches do. Nothing scares me as much as cockroaches do. 

See, I have a strong hatred towards cockroaches ever since I was young. My family used to be very poor and we lived in suburban apartment buildings with horrible conditions. There were countless amounts of cockroaches everywhere in the apartment, and when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. I would always find several dead and alive cockroaches in the toilet bowl, in the shower, on my bed, in my cups, and the list goes on.

It is so disgusting, even just thinking about it.

Everything about cockroaches are disgusting. I would be less scared if they're fairly decent looking. What creeps me out the most is how they flip over once they die. People say they do that to see who killed them so they could avenge their death. Creepy? I think yes.

My abnormal hatred for cockroaches has led to Katsaridaphobia, the fear of cockroaches according to a fellow friend. Waking up to a cockroach on my arm does not help lessen this so called fear.

Anyways, my extremely loud scream has Adam rushing into the room, eyes wide open. If it isn't for the cockroach on my arm, I would probably laugh at how panicked Adam looks. Beads of sweat are rolling down his forehead. Jeezus, Adam, it was only a scream.

Well then again, it's only a cockroach, Carla.

"Are you okay? Is anything wrong?" Adam asks, huffing and puffing. He wipes his forehead with his tan arm as he runs towards the patient's bed I'm in.

"T-this!" I sputter as I point to the tiny-sized cockroach laying on my arm, peacefully. It might be dead, considering it isn't moving. Possibly, its death resulted from my deafening scream. I waggle my fingers at the cockroach to indicate further how much the cockroach is affecting me. 

"Is that a mole?" He asks, confused. Seriously?

"It's a cockroach! Does that look like a mole to you? " I ask, flabbergasted.

"Oh. Well, no worries," he says casually, flicking the cockroach from my arm. "Sorry. I usually wear contacts, but I'm not right now so I can't really see that well."

So Adam isn't flawless. It relieves me to know of a flaw he has considering I have many. Well, it's only normal for him to not be perfect. Humans aren't perfect. I sigh of relief, after he flicks the cockroach away, and slump back onto the pillow.

"Thank you for saving me- twice, I might add," I say and raise an eyebrow. I open my mouth to question him on how he knew I was in the roof and why he defied Chase Stunner just to save me, but I decide not to. 

"It's nothing," he says with a light shrug. "By the way, I helped you get your homework in all of the classes you missed."

"I don't know if I should thank you for being so considerate, or hate you since I could've gotten away with no homework on a Friday." I mutter whilst I lift myself off the bed.

He playfully rolls his eyes and quickly shifts next to me to help me off the bed. "Careful now."

"Jeezus. You're treating me like I'm a dying patient in the hospital; I was just sleepy and exhausted before. I am still perfectly capable of getting off a bed," I frown and slip my converse sneakers on.