Chapter 9- Apparently I'm An Underage Jailbait

I know that "sorry" would not excuse me from the fact that I have not updated in forever, but I'm sorry. I have no excuses. Life has been quite crazy. But since it's the summer now, I will write more often. :)

Thank you for sticking by with this story!

Chapter 9- Apparently I'm An Underage Jailbait

It's a Saturday afternoon and I'm walking around the mall with Mel like the teenage girl I am. Actually, believe it or not, it's the first time I'm at the mall with a friend that isn't Ethan. And even with Ethan, I had to forcefully drag him here.

I've never really had much girl friends growing up as a kid. It's not that I don't get along with other girls; it's just that I've never really had the same interests as them. I was a tomboy- to say the least. I was never interested in playing with dolls and shit because I lived a thrilling life.

I was in love with playing video games and that was how I became such good friends with Ethan. He was my only actual friend in elementary and middle school. Sure, I had other 'friends' too, but none of them were ever close enough to me for us to actually hang out.

Many girls also hated me in middle school for being so close to Ethan. He has a fucking childish personality, but many girls fall for him- which is really fucking surprising. I mean I guess he's not bad looking.... maybe even pretty good looking.

The summer before high school was when I dropped my tomboy phase and moved into a more girly phase. I guess puberty just kicked in for me and I started to care more about how I look, and I wanted to live like a teenage girl and go out with friends.

Don't get me wrong; I still really love to play video games and I'm quite great at it too. I kick Ethan's ass all the time and he justifies my victories by calling me a cheater.

"Let's go get some food," Mel says eagerly, stomach growling. "I'm so hungry."

I nod in agreement and we walk to a McDonald's in the mall. People assume that rich kids always eat at fancy restaurants, but that is not true at all. I prefer greasy burgers over small portions of fine dining food.

We both order big macs and fries, and find our seats. It's actually pretty crowded and I notice a lot of kids from school.

"So what happened to you during that whole assembly skunk prank? You kinda just disappeared," Mel says while taking a big bite of her burger.

"I went out the exit when no one was paying attention," I answer with food in my mouth. "Oh right. What happened after I was gone?"

"After like thirty minutes of everyone going crazy, Chase finally comes in and settles everything down." She chuckles with disbelief. "He just walks in with a huge smile on his face and just claps his hands and two of his followers proceed to catch the skunks."

"How the fuck did they catch the skunks?" I ask incredulously. "Man, Chase never fails to surprise people."

"They kind of just ran for it," she says with a shrug. "I know right! I feel like I should hate him, but at the same time he's making school so much more interesting."

I nearly choke on my food as I gasp at her. "You're enjoying his evil schemes?"

"I mean like, it does no harm," Mel says with a small smile. "I know you hate him and all, but if you think about it, has he ever caused physical harm to any of us through his pranks?"

"Uhh he made us drenched in the cafeteria that one time! We could've catched colds easily like that," I argue in defense. "And do you remember that time when he fucking left me in the damn roof? That was life threatening."