Chapter 6- Life Already Stinks Without Skunks

Dedicated to Carly_Walsh. Thanks for being a great reader!

Chapter 6- Life Already Stinks Without Skunks

Never in my life have I ever been in such an awkward situation. The time when Ethan's mom found me trying on Ethan's banana boxers comes really close, but I feel like that was more of humiliation than awkwardness. I've always wanted to try boxers, especially banana boxers, because, well, it's pretty self-explanatory. I mean, who doesn't like banana boxers?

Anyways, as Adam stares at the sight of me and Chase soaked after coming out of the same shower stall, all I could do is stare back. I kind of just blank out because what in the world do you expect me to say in a situation like this?

Chase nudges my arm and I shoot him a glare because if he couldn't think of anything smart to say like he usually does, how does he expect me to? I bite my lip in frustration and deep thought and say the first thing that comes to my mind, breaking the ice.

"Did you know that Chase's pass code on his phone is one two three four?"

"I actually did know that," Adam says with a small smile before the awkward tension resurfaces.

"Oh," I settle with, not knowing what else to say. "Well, he must be an idiot. Who in their right mind has such a simple pass code?"

"Nobody actually guesses the simple pass codes, dumbass," Chase shoots. "You certainly couldn't guess it."

I keep my mouth shut at his words because he has a great point actually. Why does it seem like he has the best comebacks ever? Chase would make a great politician, but the only problem is that the whole system would turn corrupt in his hands. Yeah, that wouldn't be the best idea.

"So..." Adam drags as he raises an eyebrow, still waiting for an answer.

"It's not what it looks like," I state, not thinking of anything better to say. I know that this line never brings justification to those who say it, but hey, it's worth a try.

A few seconds of complete awkwardness whizzes by before Chase snorts. "Seriously, Freshman? 'It's not what it looks like?' The line teenagers say to their parents when they get caught making out with some guy on their bed? Is that the best you could do? If it is, I honestly think you have to reevaluate your life."

"Why don't you think of something better to say instead of pushing the task to me? This is partially your fault!" I growl, getting fired up. "And there's nothing wrong with the line. It really isn't what it looks like."

"It is what it looks like! We really did walk out of the shower together and that's what it exactly looks like!" Chase shouts, growing louder than me. It's like we're having a contest to see who could get more angry, and Adam is the hopeless bystander.

"How in the goddamn hell is that helping in this situation?" I yell in rage, crossing my arms.

Chase ignores me and continues on,"And actually, I have no fault in this! Sure, you could pass as a boy with that paper flat chest, but that doesn't mean you fucking walk into the boys locker room. Get a grip of yourself."

Adam clears his throat which gets me and Chase out of the 'i'm gonna fucking murder you' phase. He looks a bit nervous probably because if he didn't interrupt us, Chase and I might have been swinging at each other by now. Either that or I'd probably be ripping his shreds because he just compared my boobs to paper.

"Look, Adam," Chase begins, sounding reasonable for once. "You saw what you saw, but you don't know the story behind it. Just know that we did absolutely nothing in that shower and that I would never stoop that low. My standards for girls are definitely higher than her."