Chapter 8- I Hate Him But Just One Percent Less Now

Sorry for the long wait! Dedicated to all my amazing readers out there.

Chapter 8- I Hate Him But Just One Percent Less Now

Adam?

I lightly slap my cheeks to try to figure out if this is reality. It can't be. Am I dreaming?

"Why the fuck did you her bring to our house?" Chase asks with profound disbelief. His mouth is slightly agape and his eyes shoot accusing glares at Adam, who's trying best not to lose his cool.

Wait... Our house?

"Uhh... We have to work on a project together," Adam says, a tiny bit shakily. "She's in my geometry class, and we're working on stuff about squares... you know?"

Chase just raises his eyebrows and says nothing. I could tell that he isn't buying the lie, and that's probably Adam's fault. Even though he's saving my ass in this situation, I can't deny that he is a terrible liar. He basically has the word 'liar' written all over his face.

Adam awkwardly clears his throat at Chase's lack of response and says, "...the four sided shape with ninety degr-"

"I know what a square is," Chase interrupts, rolling his eyes. This guy sasses people more than me! "Okay, fine. You guys are doing a project! But that doesn't explain what she's doing in my damn room."

"I was looking for the bathroom... and I ended up here," I lie, biting my lip. "Sorry, this place is just way too big."

Adam walks towards me and grabs my arm in one swift move. "Sorry, Chase. I should've showed her the way. We're gonna leave now. Have a nice, cheery day!"

Chase still has a glint of suspicion in his eyes but he decides to drop it. Adam pulls me towards the door and as I brush past Chase, he whispers menacingly in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"If you did anything in here that you shouldn't have done, you'll fucking regret it. "

I gulp and before I could say anything back to him, I'm already out the door which slams shut from behind me. I let out a big sigh of relief and so does Adam. For a second, I almost forgot that he's right next to me. I'm still shivering at the thought of Chase's words.

"Carla," Adam says, making me snap back to reality. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

"I know," I state, chuckling nervously. "You do too."

"Let's go somewhere else; somewhere far far away from the animal inside there," Adam suggests, pointing to Chase's room.

I nod in agreement and he leads me out the mansion. After a short five minute walk, we arrive at a colorful park with a bunch of kids running around. Now, I've never been a fan of little kids because they're little bratty devils that think they could do anything they want.

What irks me the most is the fact that they could get away with anything they want just by crying. How great would it be if everything's just that simple?

"This is where I always go to when I when I want to be alone and at peace," Adam says, smiling at me while we take our seats on a wooden bench.

"A park? Seriously?" I ask, incredulously. "This does not qualify as a peaceful place- like at all."

"I knew you would say that," he replies. "But I never get why people always go to quiet places when they want to be alone. Is it weird that for me that I like going to noisy places because all the noise around me shuts out all my thoughts and own problems? That gives me peace in my heart."