Chapter 7- Believe Me, I Broke Into Your Room To Steal Your Cupcake Boxers

Chase's text has left me wondering, throughout the whole day, about different possibilities. What in the world would a one word text 'skunks' imply? No way in the world would he be able to sneak skunks into the school... right?

Then again, he's Chase who never fails to surprise people.

It's almost the end of the day and I have one class left- French. Whoever said that French is a romantic language must have been telling a big lie. Sure, it may sound great when a guy in a romance movie whispers 'je t'aime' in his lover's ear.

However, when I try to say anything in French, it sounds like Ethan's attempts to sing; it just doesn't sound quite right or flattering at all.

I enter the classroom and Monsieur Ealey, not Mr. Ealey, as he has corrected me plenty of times, greets me enthusiastically with a 'Bonjour!' I give him a tight smile and sit in a seat all the way in the back, next to a sophomore guy named Jack, who has earphones in his ears.

I slouch in my seat and stare at the clock, hoping it would tick faster.

Monsieur Ealey passes out worksheets for the class, without teaching a lesson. He's a horrible teacher, if I must say. He expects us to know everything about French, without him actually teaching us anything.

I stare blankly at the worksheet, and heave a long sigh. Hopefully he gives me points for effort. It takes a large amount of effort to sit through this class.

I glance over at Jack who has his eyes closed and is bobbing his head up and down to the music he's listening to. I sneak a peak at his paper and my eyes go wide at the fact that it's filled with answers. How in the world did he manage to do that in five minutes?

I don't mean to offend him but how could he possibly know anything about French? He literally has his eyes closed and earphones in his ears every single class.

I don't mean to sound like a creep... but yes, I do observe my classmates. It's a form of pleasure that cures my everlasting boredom.

In a extremely subtle way, I scooch my chair and move my desk an inch closer next to his, in hopes of catching what's on his paper. I make sure he's unaware of my actions by moving my hands in front of his face. His lack of reaction was my cue to start stretching my neck over.

I smile proudly at myself as I transfer- not copy, his answers onto my paper. I'm assuming all his answers are correct, or well, I'm hoping. As I am halfway done with 'transferring' the answers, a hand suddenly grasps my arm, causing me to drop my pencil and have it roll on the floor.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I gulp and turn my head towards Jack, who has one earplug off. Is that a sign for me to be scared as hell right now? The look on his face tells me he's nowhere near playing games, and his piercing eyes are giving me shivers. Jack reminds me of someone... someone that goes by the name Chase!

Why the fuck am I suddenly thinking about him? His cynical actions must have consumed my brain.

"I was just... comparing answers," I lie and shoot him an innocent smile- one that I usually give Ethan when I steal Twix bars every time I go over to his house.

"I'm sure you were," Jack states, giving me a slight smirk that tells me he doesn't quite believe my lie. He glances over at my paper, with his hand still grasping on my arm, and adds, "I must say, it's the first time I'm meeting a girl named Jack."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion at his words. He points at my paper and after looking at where his finger leads to, I literally want to stab myself. I'm the dumbest person on this planet! How could I copy his name onto my damn paper?