52- real life

Liberty wandered the hospital looking for Chris, as she told him she'd be there for him right before she found out about Victory's accident.

Chris was down in the lobby, waiting to see Liberty's small body running toward him. She'd probably be scared, mostly because he didn't give her much to go on. She had no idea on what she'd be walking into.

Chris looked up from the chair he was sitting in and locked eyes with Liberty. He stood up quickly and ran to her, not stopping to apologize to anyone he bumped into.

"Chris!" Liberty yelled, jumping into his arms. "Oh my god! You're okay." She caressed his face, and he instantly kissed her.

"Oh my god. I was so worried." She whispered as she pulled away from the kiss and rested her forehead on his. Chris set Liberty down and took her hands in his. "What happened?"

"Minka was in a car accident, she was drunk driving. She drove herself and two other cars off the road." Chris whispered to her. "The doctors called me in and told me, that she's not pregnant."

"I'm so sorry." Liberty squeezed his hand and he gave her a small smile.

"You shouldn't be. You were right. I should of listened to you." Chris whispered while shaking his head. "It's my fault."

"Hey. No, it's not your fault." Liberty cupped his face with her hand. "Let's go. Let's go home." All Chris could do was nod his head as hold Liberty's hand as she led them to the door.

__________

"I love you." Chris whispered, when Liberty appeared by his bedside. They had gone back to Chris's apartment because it was closer to the hospital than Liberty's condo.

"Chris." Liberty whispered, she climbed into bed with him and laid by his side.

"No, listen. I know I did the whole big I love you speech but I'm going to do it again. I will probably hurt you again. And you'll hurt me and I'll come right back to you again when you do. I accept the risk. Because you're worth the risk. Because you matter to me. Because I love you and I'm not going anywhere."

Liberty smiled and climbed on top of Chris, "I love you too." Chris kissed Liberty softly and smiled into the kiss. "Show me. Show me how much you love."

__________

It was 5 a.m, when Liberty was called back to the hospital by Susanna. Fear consumed every inch of her body. She was scared of any news that might come from his place.

She made her way to the lobby her Susanna was pacing back and forth, while bouncing Belle. Liberty ran to Susanna's side and grabbed Belle from her. "I think someone needs some Aunt Libby time." Liberty joked, as she smiled at Belle.

"Liberty." Susanna whispered, and Liberty's head snapped up to look at her sister-in-law. By reading her face, Liberty could tell that something was off.

"No." Liberty said, her voice trembled and her eyes began to sting. "No." She said even louder.
Susanna shook her head, as tears started falling down her face too.

"There was a complication in surgery. There was nothing they could do." Susanna tried explaining and Liberty but it was as if she couldn't hear anything. "I'm sorry, Liberty." Susanna pulled Liberty into her arms, and they held onto each other as if they were the only things they had left.