95- real life

Early morning, Chris called Liberty asking her to come over to his apartment for the rest of her stuff. Liberty couldn't help but feel hurt. She understood why he couldn't bring it to her, because he didn't remember what was hers.

Liberty called Mackie to pick up Ashton from her apartment and take him out. She explained to him that Chris had called her and she didn't want to have Ashton there if something happened between them.

As Liberty pulled into the apartment complex she could feel every single emotion she'd ever felt while in her relationship with Chris all at once.

She kept replaying what she wanted to say over and over in her mind. When Chris answered the door he couldn't bring himself to make eye contact with her. "I think some of your clothes are still hanging in my closet and some stuff in the restroom."

Chris shuffled his feet to make room for Liberty to walk in and as soon as she hears the door closes, she spins around to find Chris staring at the floor.

"Please, Chris. Look at me." Liberty pleaded and he finally broke his long held gaze with the wood flooring. Before Liberty could say anything, Chris started talking.

"I love her." He nearly blurted out, an instant look for regret crossed his face. "I'm sorry, but I do. I love her and I'm going to marry her. She's my family."

Liberty could feel a lump in her throat and she raised her hand to her neck as if to conceal it. "I am nothing without you. I need you. I need your love. Without you I'm hollow. You're my home." She spoke softly, and even though it was all she could manage, all she felt. It wasn't enough.

"I'm sorry, Liberty. I don't feel the same way even if I did and just don't remember, I don't feel that way anymore." Chris could feel the sadness radiating off of her. He had never felt so bad before.

"I can't give you what you want. I can't give you this happy little family that you saw playing out, when I look at him. When I look at Ashton, I don't remember him." Chris could feel himself tearing up. This was one of the worst things he'd ever felt, the feeling of losing a child even when they were right in front of you.

Liberty had tears running down her face, her hands were shaking. She was heading for a complete breakdown of her own. She'd been saving it for a moment like this. "Chris." Was all she could manage to say.

"You deserve better." Chris told her, placing his hand on her shoulder while looking away from her. He couldn't help himself to look at her. All he could think about was how he was hurting his best friend.

And this sentence was the only thing that made Liberty stop crying. She gathered her things that she had left at Chris's place over time and turned towards the door. "It doesn't get better than you.", she told Chris. "You were the only thing I ever wanted."

It took everything she had to walk out of the apartment. Liberty looked back at the door as it closed behind her. Chris's eyes met Liberty one last time and that fleeting moment she had with Chris when they snuck out of Roberts office window came to her mind. The moment she knew that he'd be the one she'd be with for the rest of her life. He was the one who understood her.

But he was gone. He's not the person he was when she loved him. He was someone completely new. It was like an etch-a-sketch, everything wiped clean in a shake.

Liberty wiped her tears as she walked away away from the apartment, from her life with Chris and from the love of her life. She had to readjust her lifestyle and correct her sense of self. She had to do what she thought was right for herself and her son. So she did the one thing that she knew she had to do, she made a phone call. "Hello, Melissa. It's Liberty, I'd be happy to take that job in New York."

A/N:

THE END

OH MY GOD

THIS IS THE END

NOW ITS TIME FOR PART 2