76 - real life

Liberty had finally gotten Ashton to fall asleep, it had only taken six lullabies, two books and four episodes of SpongeBob at 10 p.m. But it worked none the less.

She smiled as she backed out of the bedroom, Liberty had heard Chris walk into the apartment. When Liberty walked into the living room the first thing she saw was Chris fiddling around the a small box in his hand.

"Whatcha got there?" Liberty smiled at him, while leaning against the door frame. Chris's head snapped up and he frantically stuffed the box into his jacket pocket.

"Oh, hey baby. It's nothing." Chris lied through his teeth as he shrugged off his jacket and placed it onto the couch. "Is he asleep already?"

Liberty nodded and smiled, she walked over to where Chris as now standing and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her. "Well then that gives me plenty of time to do this." Chris stated as he pulled Liberty's chin towards him and planted a short but sweet kiss on her lips.

Liberty smiled as she pulled away and laid her head on to Chris's chest. "As nice as that is, I think it's time we talk about New York." She spoke softly and winced at the loud groan that came from Chris as she talked.

"Really?" Chris said, moving away from her to make his way to the kitchen. Liberty followed his every action, afraid that this conversation would end like every other on for the last five months. "We've been talking about this for months, the answer is no."

"No, I've been talking about this for months and you've ignored me and said no every time." Liberty shot back at him and rolled her eyes. "Just for once can you hear me out?"

Chris slammed the cabinet he was looking through shut and sighed, "Liberty, when will you get it. Our life is family, our friends are here, our life is here. We aren't moving. That's it. End of discussion."

Tension was high in the air and neither of them dared to speak a word, but finally Liberty was the one to break the silence. "Christopher, I love you. But if you won't meet me half way I don't know what's going to happen to us."

"Are you saying that you'll leave me?" Chris asked, disbelief dripping from his every word. Liberty took a step back from where she was standing and looked he up and down.

"Is the thought of me leaving you the only thing that would convince you to come?" Liberty whispered, there was sadness in her eyes that Chris tried his best to ignore.

He couldn't make Liberty see the plans he has for their future together. He couldn't show her the big beach house that he has in his mind. He couldn't show her his visions of their Thanksgiving dinner parties. He couldn't show her the images that popped up in his mind when he thought of their family Christmas photos. He couldn't even describe how he pictured what the rest of his life with her.

He scrapped everything he could think of to try and show her his idea of what he thought the future looked like. In his mind in was clear, two more kids and the big beach house. Liberty wearing a white dress at the altar and him by her side. But all he could manage was a simple sentence, and he couldn't stop himself from saying it.

"Not even the thought of you leaving would make me move." Chris stated, his voice was bland and he showed no signs of emotion. But Liberty was the one who looked like she had been punched in the gut.

"I think I should go." Liberty said quickly, as she made her way back to the living room and Chris followed her.

"Maybe that's what's best." Chris whispered, trying not to make eye contact with her. He thought he was making a point. He hoped she'd see how much she needed him and she'd come back. It was his attempt at reverse psychology.

"But I'm taking my son." Liberty stated, it was almost as if the thought of her son has made her hostile. She'd attack anything near him, afraid he might get hurt.

Chris couldn't find any words to say at this point, he thought that Liberty wasn't actually going to leave and take their son. He wanted to yell out that he changed his mind and that he'd follow her anywhere. But he couldn't, all he could do was stand there and watch the love of his life walk out of the door with their son.

a/n: i put off writing this
for soooo long but i finally
finished it & im upset