Contract (2)

NOTE: In this chapter we'll know more about our model - Karla Camila Cabello. Since it's been a while since the last update, the beginning of the chapter will start with the end of the previous chapter so y'all can remember it, but I'd advise you to read it again. For a better reading, when I point out during the chapter, listen to the song "Kill 'em With Kindness" by Selena Gomez ;)

-----

In the previous chapter of Fallen Angel:

-We are almost arriving, Ms. Jauregui. – the driver informed as he turned the corner of Lexington Avenue Armony, where the beginning of the visualization of the collection would be held. The famous Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

-You can stop at the main entrance.

-You gave up on the idea of entering through the back?

-Yes. Dinah here said that the owner of the project has to show up. – I let out a soft and nervous laugh.

-But of course, the presence of the person in charge of the project is very important, mandatory even. After all, this is all happening because of you. – my best friend spoke next to me.

-She's absolutely right, ma'am.

Even being many meters away from the entrance of the building where the fashion show would be held, it was already noticeable the huddle of people and cars. The press would be in full weight for that moment. I closed my eyes for brief seconds, feeling my heart racing, accompanied by that sick feeling in my stomach caused by nervousness. In 25 years of life, that was my biggest project and my greatest moment. Years of hard work would pay off right there, in that place. The whole press was in full force, because of Victoria's Secret's risky plan to launch such an expensive collection coming from mere beginners, in this case, Dinah and me.

-Come on, Lauren... – I whispered to myself at the very moment the car stopped at the entrance of the building.

-Everything will work out! Today is our day. – Dinah said all smiley.

The main entrance was surrounded by journalists and a bunch of people who would give anything to take a single photo with someone famous. The chatter was constant, the paparazzi's cameras exploded in flashes towards all the guests who exited their cars to enter the building. The security approached the car, opening the door so that we could get out. Dinah was the first to leave. She was extremely elegant, with a kind of jumpsuit made of white noble fabric. The piece fell to her feet, but it was perfectly cut, with a beautiful neckline and bare back, as if it had been made exclusively for her. And it was. The blonde had her long hair tied in a ponytail, leaving her face free, highlighting her beautiful makeup. Dinah was simply stunning.

-Miss. – the security called, extending his hand to help me get out of the car.

I got out of the black Sedan, receiving a rain of flashes over my body. I faced everyone with a confident expression, just like Elizabeth had once taught me. The journalists called my name, made insistent questions as I tried to walk on the pink carpet. That night I was wearing a black dress, long sleeves, but with a somewhat flashy neckline. Some parts of the fabric had a certain transparency, leaving a bit of my skin partially showing.

-This is just the beginning. – Dinah whispered next to me, as she posed for pictures.

-I'm sure it is. – I said as I faced the cameras' lenses in front of us with a serious and challenging expression.

That was just the beginning of everything.

-----