Feelings (10)

NOTE: For a better reading, when I point out during the chapter, listen to "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum. Put it on repeat :)

-----

Karla Camila Cabello's Point Of View

For some reason, that night brought me good feelings. I stared at my image in the mirror of the room as I slid the rosy lipstick over my lips, delicately as to not smudge, it was the last touch for me to be completely ready. At this time, all the models, except me, were parading around the central area of the mansion, at the small party organized by the directors of the summer session of VS. I got up from the bench as I straightened the fabric of my black dress, it reached just below my knees; it was tight, highlighting my curves; its back was almost completely bare, except for the crossing of two strips in the center. The front part offered a relatively flashy neckline, where a delicate necklace rested with a few small diamond stones.

"I think I look good." I said to myself as I twirled in front of the mirror.

My hair was straight, long, reaching the middle of my back. I looked sexy and provocative, and I loved it so very much. I smirked and walked towards the exit of my suite. From the corridor I could already hear the sound of the music downstairs, accompanied by the voices and laughter of countless women and some men of the team. It was a celebration of the beginning of our project, which had everything to be the best one in all of the Victoria's Secret's history. From the top of the staircase I had the partial view of the first floor, and apparently, I was the only one missing to complete the party. I spotted the Angels and the bombshells scattered around the room as they savored something I thought was champagne. On the other side were the members of the team. And at the foot of the huge staircase was Lauren Jauregui, accompanied by Normani and Dinah, all in an entertaining and casual conversation.

"Come on, Camila." I whispered as I descended the stairs.

My steps were slow, in the right measure to attract the attention of those who were closest. Dinah lifted her head, along with Normani who flashed me a cheerful smile, which made Lauren turn towards the direction they were looking. The businesswoman spun on her heel, and fixed her eyes on me. I swear that in that split-second I felt a shiver run up my spine to the nape of my neck. I remained firm, with a provocative smile on the corner of my lips, until I approached the women. Lauren looked impeccable, she was wearing a burgundy dress, of light fabric and thin straps, showing off her gorgeous curves. Her hair was loose, wavy, almost natural. Her makeup highlighted her lips and her emerald green eyes.

"Good Evening, girls." I said with a smile as I approached.

"I thought you'd never come down." Normani commented.

Lauren averted her gaze, and shook her head, very subtly, but enough to make me notice. She had a glass of champagne in her hand, and time or another took a sip of it.

"You look amazing!" Dinah complimented kindly.

"You too, Dinah! In fact, everyone here looks amazing."

"I'm glad you came down for the party, I really thought you weren't coming." Lauren said.

"I really wasn't going to come, I'm pretty tired. But I don't know, I felt like I should."

"Oh, I'm going to get more champagne. Will you join me, Dinah?"

I looked into Normani's eyes, clearly noticing her intentions. The woman just smiled, and dragged Dinah away from there, leaving me alone with Lauren. We stood there in silence for a few instants, awkward instants, which were interrupted by her.