A new side (16)

NOTE: This chapter will only have the flashback from their teen years. Enjoy.

-----

Lauren Jauregui's Point Of View

*Flashback On*

Camila smirked right after having stolen a quick kiss from my lips. I shook my head, trying to contain the smile that flourished on my mouth. The brunette sighed softly and accommodated herself better over my body, now resting her head on my chest as I stroked her dark and partially wet locks. The bedroom was plunged into total silence, fitting perfectly well with the darkness and the cool weather. All that could be heard now was the sound of our still breaths, and perhaps the sound of my uneven heartbeat.

I confess that even with such calmness, I still felt totally euphoric. Ever since our moment in the park, my heart got into a flow of adrenaline that moved my thoughts like an explosion inside my head. There were opposing forces within me. One told me with all the letters that that was madness; Camila was my best friend, and to mix that relationship would be the beginning of the end. On the other hand, something inside me was so happy and satisfied now. Unlike all the other people with whom I got involved, Camila brought me something different, not because she was the only woman, it wasn't just that. The difference was in her, especially in who she was. Camila was unique. The only one who aroused something new in me. As unknown as that was, I still felt safe with her. It was like being sure that she would do me good, even in the midst of a storm of feelings.

"Are you still awake?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Can I ask you something?"

Camila lifted her head and stared at me. And even with the poor lighting inside the room, I could still see her curious expression.

"Of course."

"How did you know you liked me? I mean, liked like-"

"Like a woman?" She interrupted me quickly.

I swallowed hard at the sure way she spoke, and I nodded my head subtly in response. Camila shifted slowly, without taking her eyes off my face.

"Let's just say that I felt drawn to you from the first moment I laid eyes on you. I saw you sitting in the audience at the Dalton Academy gym, looking at me with that pair of so beautiful green eyes..." She bit her lower lip, a little embarrassed, but soon enough smiled. "And I wondered who that girl was, whose eyes I'd never seen before. I confess that I looked for you in the middle of all those students after the show, and luckily, or thanks to fate, Veronica knew you. We started becoming friends, and I saw that you were much more than just a pretty face, Lauren. And it was then that I began to feel something other than attraction, or friendship..."

The way Camila talked, combined with her intense gaze on me, made me feel more nervous. As if she could awaken my deepest instincts only with her subtle way of enchanting me.

"So you always liked me that way?"

"Not exactly. I was attracted to you first, you know? But really liking you, was only after I got to know you completely. It was a gradual process. Every time I saw more of you, something in me grew." She made a brief pause, looking somewhere, and then turned her eyes towards me again. "There were three steps."

I frowned, and twisted my lips in confusion.

"Attraction." She said as she lifted her thumb to list the steps. "You're a beautiful girl, you have a unique beauty. We'll hardly find a gaze like yours. And I'm not only referring to the color, there are a lot of green eyes out there. But yours..." She sighed, making my heart pound. "You happen to have a unique magnetism, you feel me? Something that traps us and seduces us. I know that you know you have that power." She said accusingly, making me laugh. "You always do that while you toss your hair from one side to the other."