Change of plans (7)

Lauren Jauregui's Point Of View

I looked into that pair of brown eyes that stared at me petulantly, almost defiantly. Karla Cabello didn't have the slightest intention of making things easier, on the contrary, she seemed determined to turn all that into a real battlefield. Everyone in the studio was staring at us, witnessing the tense atmosphere that spread between Camila and me. I could have sworn that my hands were shaking, but shaking with anger.

"That's not what I said." I spoke with my head held high. "But I'm also not going to argue about it in front of everyone."

"Why? Is there something you can't talk about?" Camila provoked.

"Do you really want to do this here?"

"Okay, everyone, take an hour break!" Dinah exclaimed, making all the employees move away.

We were still staring at each other, while everyone else walked away, looking for something worthwhile to do. Martha held Camila's arm and whispered something that I couldn't decipher; The Latina let a heavy sigh escape from her lips, breaking our eye contact. I just shook my head and walked far away from there. I entered my quiet office, feeling my head throbbing. I was nervous, angry and, deep down, hurt. The last events with Camila were heavy and extremely intense; which resulted in a great emotional and psychological fragility.

"This can only be a nightmare."

I leaned my body against the cabinet that was on the left corner of my office, while my head teemed with so many thoughts. That was just a reflex of her wounded heart, if I really wanted to keep things in balance I'd have to be patient.

"Excuse me, Lauren?" I heard Dinah's voice in the room.

"Yes?"

"What was that?"

"Dinah, we both knew that it would be hard."

The blonde approached slowly, stopping next to me.

"I know that it mustn't be easy for you to deal with the very sexy hothead, but I want you to think about our project. We've worked for years for this, we've gone through a lot and now we're here." Her words had a certain trepidation, I didn't want to ruin anything.

"It's just that she keeps attacking me and I don't know what to do." I grumbled, making her laugh softly.

"I'm going to talk to Camila and ask her to finish the photo shoot."

"Do that, because if I go there, I'll probably choke her."

Dinah raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Sure, if by that you mean choke her with kisses."

"Funny." I grumbled, sticking my tongue out to her. "Supervise the photo shoot and make sure that everything goes as planned. I don't have the patience to stay in that studio, so I'll stay here."

"Yes, ma'am." She mocked.

After a few good minutes, I decided to go check on how the photo shoot was going. I left my office, heading towards the studio, where I allowed myself to observe from afar. Karla looked very calm, now with Dinah's supervision the model was giving her very best, she was even offering tips and taking a few breaks to analyze the photos.

"What an ill-tempered woman, my God." I whispered to myself as I watched her photo shoot."

Camila could be snob, ill-tempered and annoying, but no one could deny that she was beautiful and that she knew how to flirt with a camera better than anyone. Maybe the problem was with me, or not. In past years, the news that surrounded her were always controversial – little fights and negligence – nothing that would overthrow her from the podium where she occupied the top spot as best model of the world.