Promises (17)

Lauren Jauregui's Point Of View

It was a sunny day that day. The sky was open, displaying a celestial blue sky, accompanied by white clouds that looked fluffy like cotton. I adjusted the sunglasses on my face as Dinah hummed the song that played through the car speakers. We were in East Rutherford, New Jersey, on our way to a Victoria's Secret photoshoot, on an American football field. The goal of the campaign was restricted to the advertising of the brand during the commercial breaks of the football games that would be held at the MetLife Stadium.

"Your idea of advertising at the MetLife Stadium was genius." Dinah said as she straightened a few strands of her blonde hair.

"Everyone will be watching the Super Bowl. Showing our brand during the commercial breaks will be essential for the expansion of our collection."

"I hope that at the end of all this, we'll be rewarded. Modesty aside, we're doing a great job, Jauregui."

"We're a great duo, Dinah." I said with a smile.

"A trio. Don't forget your girlfriend, who in one way or another, was the little extra push we needed." Dinah said, and I stared at the blonde who was looking at me with a pretentious look.

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Yet! It's worth remembering that compared to the beginning of the campaign, you've made a lot of progress with Ms. Trouble."

Dinah was right. My reencounter with Camila had been catastrophic, one of the worst possible, but today, our situation was tranquil, and even too good for someone who expected the worst.

"And I hope to keep making progress."

"Look at that, for someone who kept saying that that would never happen again, you're doing good." She mocked.

I pressed my lips together and made a face that made her laugh.

"I just realized that I still love her."

"You're too slow. Only you didn't realize that, Jauregui. You and her, of course."

"It was complicated. I mean, it still is." I sighed.

"Stop that!" She scolded. "If you start with your negative thinking now, I swear that I'll beat your ass. She's clearly giving you another chance! Take advantage, and don't be an asshole again."

"I'm doing that, Dinah. I won't disappoint Camila again."

"Perfect! That's what I like to hear. Now that I know the so famous Karla Camila, and I like her, if you're an idiot again, you'll have another person coming after you."

"Wow. You're a great friend, Hansen." I muttered ironically.

"I know, sweetie. I'm the best friend you could ever have. Now put a beautiful smile on your face, we're almost there. I can't wait to see my sister-in-law."

I shook my head as I laughed at the intimate and silly way that Dinah referred to Camila. The blonde had connected to the Latina instantly, they got along very well. I confess that in the beginning it bothered me, due to the simple fact that Camila hated me. However, now that we were getting along, having Dinah as support for both of us was extremely important. We drove into the MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants, one of my favorite teams, where the commercial video with the Angels would be filmed.

"Ms. Jauregui." The driver said as he nodded and opened the car door for me.

"Thank you." I said gently before exiting the vehicle.

The whole staff was ready, and the accessories and equipment were properly prepared. Some models moved from booth to booth to get ready as makeup artists and hairdressers took care of making them look flawless.