Gone...

Katelyn's POV:

In Katelyn's Dream That Night:

"I can't believe she did that for us. She took her life...

For us.

She was always such a selfless person. It doesn't surprise me but it does at the same time.

It just all happened so fast.

Why'd you leave Crim?"

I asked my friend. She just sighs.

"I'm sorry Katelyn. I just did what I had to do. I really wish it didn't happen this way but... I was just destined to die young I guess..."

"DON'T SAY THAT RYLAI CRIMSON RO'MEAVE! WE HAVE CHOICE IN OUR DESTINY IT'S NOT ALL SET IT STONE LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME! I KNOW IT'S ALL A LIE! IT'S ALL JUST A BAD DREAM OF MINE AND I'LL WAKE UP ANYTIME SOON! SO DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME YOU WERE 'DESTINED' TO DIE AT AGE 12! THAT'S NONSENSE! IT'S STUPID AND UNREALISTIC! EVERYBODY HAS AN EQUAL CHANCE AT LIFE AND YOU CHOSE TO DIE AT YOUR AGE! YOU CHOSE TO DIE THREE TIMES! SO DON'T YOU DARE GO TELLING ME THAT THIS WASN'T YOUR CHOICE! WE ALL KNOW IT WAS! EVEN IF YOU WERE TRYING TO BE SELFLESS SOMETIMES YOU CAN JUST BE SO DENSE! HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT THIS WAS ALL YOUR CHOICE?!?!?"

She stares at me. That sudden outburst wasn't my personality. But... it was all true. She had a choice.

"I- I'm sorry Kate but you're waking up. I'll talk to you some other night. Again, I'm sorry you feel that I did this on purpose, but I didn't. I was just trying to protect you all..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Out Of Dreamland

I wake up in a cold sweat, hyperventilating. "Katelyn are you okay?" I shake my head. Not caring who was asking me, I jumped up and cried onto their shoulder. "K-Katelyn?" The voice sighs and hugs me protectively. (A/N: Any guesses who this voice is? *3*) "Sh... it's okay... I'm here. But, what happened?" I finally look up to see who it was...

"T-Travis... I... Crim was talking to m-me..." His eyes widen. "Bu-but how? Sh-shes..." He stops mid sentence, not wanting to accept it yet. "I, I don't know. She was talking to me in my dream, but it was her. It was real. I wasn't imagining it... She was really there, but transparent. Almost invisible." Travis looks up at the ceiling, thinking, and then I realize... Travis was the one to let me cry on his shoulder. Wow... I guess I judged him wrong. I smile slightly to myself and suddenly find my shoes very interesting to look at.

A crisp, cold, breeze blows past us, making my hair get messed up even more. Where'd that wind come from? The windows are closed... A shiver runs down my spine as I feel the breeze once more. I start to shake in fear and hug Travis tightly. He seems taken back, but hugs me protectively. "D-did you feel..." "The wind? Yeah..." He finishes my sentence. The breeze blows by once again. (DANG THAT ALLITERATION IS REAL! ARE YOU PROUD OF ME THIRD GRADE WRITING TEACHER? XD)