Chapter One: to get away

Tainted Fantasy

 Author: Krystal A. Werner

I walked into the night, not knowing where I was going. I was hoping that they wouldn't find me anytime soon. I can't stand them anymore. They're always in my business. Not to mention how they tell me who I should love. What do they know about love anyways? How can I call them my parents when they try to marry me off to some stranger?...Some princess I turned out to be...

As my mind took off in a rant, I suddenly found myself tripping and falling fast down a steep hill. What was going through my mind as I tumbled? I can't really say. It just happened so fast, and I landed very abruptly in the grass below.

I stood, shaking off the dirt on my dress. I looked up from cleaning myself off and cursing myself under my breath, to see a bright light in the distance. I squinted my eyes, trying to see further down the grassy path. I couldn't make out what it was, so instinctively I walked toward it. It seemed like the closer I got to it, the further away it got from me.

“Where do you think you're going?” A voice rang out behind me. I rolled my eyes at the stupid voice, turning around.

“What do you want, Link?” I crossed my arms and frowned deeply at him.

“I heard you ran away from the Palace, so I came to make sure you aren't getting into trouble...”

I turned back to the light, but it was gone. I sighed, looking back at Link.

“Well, I was fine until you showed up...” I muttered at him.

“Hmmm, aren't we being cold today?” He grinned in amusement. What was the grin for? He reminds me so much of my father it makes me sick!

“Our old man said that if you're not going to marry this Prince, then don't come back until you've married someone else. If you actually believe in true love, then go find it.”

I bit my lip. Why did they want to push me into marriage so badly? I'm only 18. I don't care if it is one of the duties of being a Princess, I didn't want to do it. I can't handle the stress of this. Stubborn asses...

“Fine. Then tell him I'll be home in a year with my new husband.”

Link laughed. “Alright, sis. Have fun searching for your true love.” He used a mocking tone that made me want to sock him in the face. I gave him a blank look.

“Goodbye, Link.”

I turned around, running as fast as I could down the path. He called after me but I wasn't planning on turning back. He must not have thought I was serious. Maybe I wouldn't be able to find a husband, but I knew that I'd rather be banished from the Palace then ever marry someone I didn't know, let alone love. If I lost my thrown then fine, I'm sure I could get over it.

I walked for a long time alone and in silence. Just the way I wanted it. But as I began to get closer to what I knew to be a nearby stream, I heard an alarming scream in the distance that sent my heart racing with a burst of horror. I stopped where I was, staring out in front of me.

And even when a man came out from behind one of the thick trees, I still didn't move. I couldn't force myself to. He was the most handsome, alluring man I have ever seen in my life. No Prince looked as good as he did. His black hair was perfectly messy, like he got up this morning and spent hours on making it look messy like that (which I really doubt he did.) His piercing blue eyes met mine, sending my mind into a spiraling effect of dirty, lustful thoughts.

It was when he ran the back of his hand across his mouth that brought me out of my thoughts. I stared at his lips. Again, I was in complete horror. What exactly was that red liquid on his face? Was it blood? Could it be? I instantly connected the scream I had heard earlier with him. Just because I was a Princess, don't take me to be stupid...I'm pretty sure I had just heard someone get murdered and right in front of me stood the murderer.

“Oh. I-I think I'm going the wrong way.” I spun on my heels to take off running. He was quick to grab my arm. He was really quick.

“What did you see, girl?” He hissed into my ear.

“What do you mean? It's too dark to see anything out here!” I let out, my heart hammering hard and fast.

“Don't toy with me!” I swear he had growled that at me, grabbing my arm tighter.

“Listen, I don't know who the hell you think you are, but you have no right to grab me this way.” I hissed back at him. No, it wasn't a good idea but I was sick of men thinking they could treat me as they wished. With as much force as I could muster, I rammed the back of my heel into his foot. If I knew anything, it was that I was a small girl and doing something like this would take a guy like this by surprise enough to loosen his grip on me...I did it plenty of times back at the Palace.

I turned to run when my heel made contact, only to turn back to him when I didn't go anywhere at all. He still held tightly to my arm. An intense look was in his eyes as he looked down at me. I don't even think the guy even flinched when I did it. How did that not work? It always worked!

I began to squirm under his hold, trying to pry his hand from my arm, trying to get away from him, trying to hurt him even just a little bit. I tried but failed, and miserably.

“Are you done?” He asked, a hint of a smirk appearing on his face. Hair had fallen into my face, so I blew it away as I rolled my eyes at him.

“Yes.” I mumbled, looking away from him. He pulled me closer as if to shout at me or something. I winced away from him. A long minute passed before he pushed me away from him.

“What's a girl like you doing in the middle of the forest anyways?” He asked, crossing his arms and giving me a once-over with a look of disgust on his face.

A girl like me? What did he mean by that? A girl wearing a dress? Could he know that I'm the Princess from Beaulieu Palace? That was possible. From the looks of it, I wasn't so sure he did know. Usually I could tell when someone knew who I was. Then again, this guy was—Whoa. What?

“Wait...So, you're not going to kill me?” I asked slowly, cautiously taking small steps backwards.

“There would be no need in that, girl.” He shrugged, uncrossing his arms and began to stalk towards me. “But who knows what you've seen.” He said to me darkly.

I turned to run, again. But he was quick, again. He pinned my arms together. I tried to squirm away from his grasp but he only effortlessly picked me up, flinging me onto his shoulder carelessly and fled off into the dark of the night...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE READ: Yep, this is a short chapter but I just wanted to give you a guys a feel for the story. Chapters will get longer. So, I want you all to NOT associate the names or the plot of this story with Secret Desire. One of the characters names is Zero, so if you've read Secret Desire don't let the characters confuse you. They're very different from eachother. And Vincent is another name I used that's in My BFF's A Human. Anyways, please vote and COMMENT. Come on you guys, I really want some feedback!! And also, this was only the second story I had ever written so it might not be very good but I figured on the off chance that someone would actually like it, that I'd just post it. Sorry I ranted so long, enjoy the rest of the story, ill update soon! :D