Chapter Four: secrets and by the way, I hate you...

I felt my eyes grow wide as he stepped closer. I stood, attempting to make a run for it. I've seen many things in my life but I never ever thought that vampires could actually exist! He grabbed my neck, pulling me back to him. He moved the hair out of my face, and away from my neck. I felt his cold breath against my skin, it sent shivers across my spine.

“Get off!” I screamed, slamming my head back into his face, and stomped on his foot. Whoa! I actually caught him off guard enough that he loosened his grip. Why didn't this work on Damien last night? I scowled at the thought as I began to run. Ha! Some vampire he was...As soon as I victoriously thought about this there was a sharp pain in the back of my head.

“Foolish human!” He growled, yanking me by the hair back against him. He slapped his hand really hard across my mouth. I struggled desperately to break free again, squirming beneath his grasp.

“Drop her!” A calm, but angry voice barked out. The vampire turned in the direction of the man's voice. The vampire let out a dark, humorless laugh.

“Well Damien, it's good to see you!”

Whoa! What? Wait! Did he just say Damien? Oh no...I was going to die!

“Shut up, Venom. Just drop the damn girl. She belongs to me...” Damien's annoyed voice spoke.

Huh? I belong to who now? To him?! I managed to manovour myself so I could see Damien. His eyes were locked deadly on this Venom guy, or should I say vampire? By the way, that's a very fitting name for this vampire...Venom laughed again.

“You? Saving this brat of a human?”

Damien raised an eyebrow. “Eh, you're right. Have fun with her. Try not to spill her blood every--”

Vincent suddenly appeared beside Damien now. He cleared his throat as I kept a wide-eyed stare on Damien. Damien rolled his eyes, turning to Vincent. He put his arms out in a what? gesture like he was obviously caught doing something wrong but was trying to play innocent.

Vincent gave him a hard, blank look for a long moment before he pushed him aside and turned toward us.

“Too bad it had to end this way...” His voice was way darker then usual. But before Vincent could even move, the vampire loosened his grip on me then pushed me toward them.

“Fine. Keep the girl. She's not worth it.” He inhaled the air deeply. “I have easier kill to attend to...”

Easier kill? What did he mean by that?

“Not worth it is right...” Damien muttered under his breath as the vampire disappeared. I was instantly glowering at him.

“I hate you...” I muttered in response. He looked at me.

“What the hell is wrong with you!?” He suddenly shouted at me. I jumped, surprised by his yell and found myself staring at him dumbfounded. What was his problem?

“What girl in their right mind would go wondering alone, again into the forest?! Are you really that stupid?!” He stalked toward me. I blinked at him.

“Oh, don't you go lecturing me, you jerk!”....uh-oh, and here we go; “You practically gave me away to that vampire!” I snapped at him. Actually, it was pretty stupid of me to go running off like this but I wasn't going to let him know I agreed with him!

“I thought I could teach you a lesson.” He stated as if it were obvious.

“Yes, because the best lessons in life are the ones where I'm being sucked dry by some mythical creature!” I agreed sarcastically.