Chapter Ten: I might just fall off the face of the earth

Well here it is you guys! Finally an update. I know it took way too long, so sorry about that. And yes, the authors note is in the begining this time which is a bit unusual for me but that's ok, you guys will live. And I know Kim has blonde hair and Damien doesn't look like Damien but the picture on the right was too amazing for me to resist using! well, as always rate/comment/fan/enjoy :D

(sorry for mistakes, grammar, misspelling, etc. but hey, they happen. I'm only human)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What was that about?” Vincent asked, sitting next to me. I finally got up the nerve to look at him. A knowing smile was threatening his lips again. I shrugged at him, glaring at him just a bit.

“I just hurt my hand...”

“And my heart.” Sam let out dramatically as he scampered over to us, sitting down on the other side of me.

“Whatever you two saw, you didn't see it right.” I informed them.

“See Samuel, I told you they're falling in love with eachother.” Vincent decided it was in his best interest to ignore my explanation as he grinned and put his arm around my shoulder. I was glaring at him again.

“Seriously, I thought you were smarter then that, Vincent.” I scolded him.

How did something like that even cross someone's mind? Vincent was the one that was with us all the time so he knew very well just how much me and Damien didn't get along. And anyone that didn't know us would probably think; wow, they really hate eachother, they really don't get along, they really need to stay away from eachother before one of them gets killed by the other!

Damien was standing in the doorway now. Vincent stood, walking over to him and placed his arm around his shoulder like he had done with me. Damien raised an almost challenging eyebrow at him.

“I know you almost as well as you know yourself and I know that look you get when you're trying to fight really strong emotions, Damien.” Vincent began. Damien scowled and pushed him off of him. “And you, Kim--” Vincent turned his attention to me now.

I stood up quickly. “Don't start with me.” I interrupted him with a scowl of my own.

Vincent stayed quiet for a second, then opened his mouth to start talking again.

“Your image of love is very odd.” I interrupted again and turned on my heels going towards the kitchen.

“Stop trying so hard, Vincent. It's not going to happen.” Damien's voice came from almost right behind me. He was following me, I had no idea why. I just hoped it was to get away from Vincent like I was trying to do and not to torture me again.

He got to the door before I did. Our eyes locked and as usual, he flinched when our eyes met. He held the kitchen door open for me, I looked at him skeptically for a second as he motioned me into the kitchen. I didn't mean to smile at him but I did. His lip literally twitched.

“I saw that!” Vincent called as the kitchen door closed behind us. Vincent's voice got quieter but we both still heard him. “Did you see that, Sam?”

“I sure did.” Sam sounded like he laughed. “But maybe you should listen to Damien. They'll figure it out on their own. It might take awhile, but they'll realize it eventually.”

Vincent sighed. “Love can get so confusing...”

“Indeed it is.” Sam agreed.

I glanced at Damien who had been looking at me but I was trying to ignore him. He blinked at me then shook his head.