Chapter Sixteen: you watch me sleep?!

We followed behind Melissa up a set of stairs and coming up into a crimson colored hallway, with dim lights lining down the walls making the walls look pretty close to the color of blood. Damien squeezed my hand when he saw me notice the walls. She continued on to the very end of the hall, stopping and opening a door.

“I didn't change a single thing when you left.” She said behind us as I was pulled into the room with him.

We both turned toward her. She was looking at me again. She finally looked past my head, obviously at Damien who was standing so close behind me I could feel the chill his body against my back and neck, giving me goosebumps instantly. She smiled now.

“Behave.” She shut the door at her own words.

I glanced back, catching Damien glaring at the door as if she had insulted him. I tugged on his arm to get his attention. When he forced his eyes away from the door, his darkened eyes lightening when our eyes met, all I could think about was all the questions I had been going over and over in my head on our way up to his room. The questions that bothered me the most: did Damien want to become a pure-blood? And if so, would he actually take my blood to become one? His hand gripped mine tighter, making me realize I was trying to back away from him.

“What's wrong?” He was looking at me confused again.

I shook my head in response.

“Nothing, just tired.”

I let my eyes wander around the room so he wouldn't push the subject. I took in his King sized bed, the thick black quilt and fluffy black pillows were placed perfectly. But that was the only neat thing in the room. All over the floor clothes were thrown everywhere. There was a computer desk, cluttered with papers and a lamp. There wasn't much else in here. As always there was a thick curtain covering the window.

“It's a mess, I know. But you still do owe me for all the times I saved you...” His voice trailed off.

I looked at him forgetting everything else I was thinking about. That smirk was on his face. I hated that smirk. But there was something different about it. I stared at him. I stared at his smirk really. And with a sudden recognition, his smirk was playful rather then the usual smug smirk he flashed at me.

“What do you want?” He asked, finding it appropriate for some reason to trace my lips slowly with the tip of his finger. I shut my eyes. His touch was like putting Beeswax lip balm on my lips, it was a comfortable cooling sensation that felt amazing.

Then, an even better feeling touched my lips. His soft, cool lips pressed against mine. I felt myself beginning to fall backwards. His kiss about literally knocked me off my feet. I heard him let out a laugh, but didn't think to open my eyes, to catch his smile before it was too late. His arms were tightly around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

“You're cold.” He informed me. I didn't even notice. “Get in my bed.”

I opened my eyes now, looking at him and once again he was smirking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Damien--”

“You can't resist.”

I made an annoyed noise at him. His lips twitched as he smirked, nearly causing him to smile.

“Come on. You'll be warmer.” He gave me a serious look and started pulling me towards his bed. He pulled the covers open and let me go. I stared at him skeptically for a second before deciding he would just trying to get me warm.

He watched me as I got into the bed. I glanced up at him, his eyes looking at me intensely. He looked at me like that sometimes, as if he forgot he was actually looking at me. Before he blinked I ducked under the covers, hiding my head.