Chapter Three: if looks could kill

I woke up in a daze, forgetting where I was for a moment. Then those icey blue eyes came to mind. Damien.

“God, I hate him...” I mumbled to myself.

I looked around the room but it was pitch black. When did I turn off my light? I don't remember? I groaned sitting up and stretching. My thick, dirty blonde hair was messy and tangly, as usual especially when I first woke up. I did what I could, using my fingers to brush it out a little bit. It didn't do much.

I flung the covers off of me, looking at the digital clock on the bedside table. 3:07 AM. Yay...another one of my sleepless nights. I was wide awake and knew even if I tried, I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. My stomach grumbled as I made my way to the bathroom. Hmm, I guess those Lucky Charms weren't really enough.

I opened my door quietly, looking out into the dark hallway. The house was dead quiet. I moved as quietly as I could out of the room. I was almost to the stairs when I ran into a random table in the hallway. Was that there before? I can't remember...I reached my hand out. I think, or rather hoped I was touching some sort of plant. When did this get here? As I pulled my hand back my fingers got caught in what I imagined to be vines and I ripped it off of the table making a loud shattering sound. Oooops. I backed up only to find myself bumping into a rock hard object.

“Watch where you're going!” He snapped out at me. I jumped away from him, of course tripping over the plant I had tipped over. What the hell was that doing in the middle of the hallway? Weird ass decoration if you ask me.

I felt a cold hand grip my wrist just as I was about to hit the ground. I was yanked roughly back onto my feet. The dark can really make someone clumsy.

“You idiot.” He continued to snap, letting go of my wrist, again as if it were acid.

“Sorry!” I hissed at him, already annoyed with him.

“What the hell are you doing? Trying to run away?” I heard his frown as his dark voice came at me accusingly.

I narrowed my eyes in his general direction.

“No. I'm hungry.” I said between my teeth.

I heard him let out an annoyed sigh. My eyes finally adjusted to the dark as I saw him roll his blue eyes at me. Then suddenly he was smirking at me.

“Try not to fall down the stairs, girl.”

Now I was rolling my eyes.

“Wasn't planning on it.” I muttered. I spun around. “Owe...” I groaned, hitting my knee on the same table that had woken him up in the first place!

I heard him begin to follow me. Oh no, I wasn't going to let him be entertained by my stumbling in the dark.

“Go away!” I growled back at him.

“Not a chance! You may be a guest to Vincent, but in my book you're still my hostage!”

“Excuse me?!” I stormed down the stairs, not believing he was calling me a hostage. Had he found out who I am? There was no way....well....

“You do realize you're not going anywhere, anytime soon right? You're just lucky I don't--” I found the light switch in the hallway leading to the kitchen, flipped it on and turned a glare onto him. Our eyes locked. He stopped talking and my jaw dropped wide open. He was only a couple inches away from me. He had no clothes on, well except for his boxers, but he might as well of had no clothes on! His body was so perfectly built, so perfectly muscular, so perfect. Not one single thing was out of place. And not to mention the sexy mess of his hair. Sexy mess of his hair?! What was wrong with me?!