1. Awoken

I unlocked the glass door and stepped onto the balcony, I rested my arms on the railing and breathed in. The cool spring breeze ruffled up my wet hair, I looked down from my balcony and looked at the quiet road. A few moths circled the streetlights and the trees rustled in the wind.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Thomas Kenny, I'm 15 and I go to Cheril High. I have golden brown hair and dark brown glasses. The glasses don't really help me with popularity, neither does my dry sense of humour. But I was happy, I had a few friends and everything was normal.

It was 11:58PM, in 2 minutes, I was going to be 16. I looked up at the clear night sky, the stars were extra bright tonight. I scanned down my street, all the houses were dark and the street was dead quiet. It was 12:00AM, I gave one final look at the stars and returned to my room, locking the door behind me.

__________

As Thomas returned to his room, deep down in the Earth's core, something woke up after a long sleep. "It's time for me to continue where I left off, and she's going to help me."

__________

I walked down the stairs and Mum came up to me and pulled me in for a tight hug, "Good morning sweetheart, breakfast's downstairs. I made your favourite pancakes!" Mum planted a kiss on my forehead and returned to the kitchen. I walked into the dining room and found Heidi on her phone.

"You're in my seat," I said as I grabbed my plate of pancakes. Heidi looked up from her phone and gave me an annoyed look.

"I don't care, birthday boy, go grab me my pancakes," Heidi said as she looked back at her phone.

"I think you could pass on the pancakes, have you checked the mirror recently?" I said as I grabbed for the syrup. I sneaked a glance at Heidi, she went pink and gave me a long and hard death stare. She got up and stalked out of the room. I returned to my seat and I ate my pancakes with a huge grin. The I remembered that Heidi left for a road trip with her hockey team tomorrow, she wouldn't comeback until next Sunday, that was nearly two weeks without her around the house. My grin widened.