6. The Letter

"Where were you all day?" Izzy asked as I closed the door behind me.

  "Thomas showed me this amazing new shop down the street," Alia said as she took of her shoes and placed them near the wall. 

  "Oh. Okay then, but you should've told me before disappearing, I was about to call the police." Izzy said and turned back to the kitchen. 

  "Thanks," I grinned at Alia. 

  "No problem."

   They went into the living room and I pulled out my phone. I found the picture I took of the mark on the wall and I showed Alia. She stared at the phone for a long time and then handed it back. She sat beside me and started poking at my hair.

  "What are you doing?"

  "I'm looking for that symbol Izzy was talking about last night," Alia said as she ruffled up my hair.

  "You heard her?"

  "Yeah and stop moving." I felt Alia's fingers brush away my hair and then she gasped. I handed her my phone and she took a picture and gave it back to me before sitting down again. 

  I looked at the photo, it showed my scalp and the back of my head. Then I saw it, it had faded over the years, but you could see the outline clearly. It matched the one on the wall. I looked at Alia and she gave me a blank look. We stood up and went to find Izzy in the kitchen. 

  "When you were a baby, the mark was bright red, it looked as if it was a part of you skin and not a tattoo." Izzy said as she turned off the stove. "You guys didn't really go to the shop did you?"

  I shook my head and remained eye contact with Izzy. "At the cinemas, Riley said something about the killing the Lorale bloodline. How has that got to do with me?"

  Izzy remained quiet and gestured for us to follow her, she led us to her room and closed the door behind us. She knelt down and looked under the bed, she pulled out a box and opened it. 

  "This came with you, it was around your neck," Izzy pulled out a necklace, at the end of it there was a miniature box. Izzy popped it open and she took out a piece of papyrus that've been folded many times. She unfolded the papyrus and smoothed it out, then handed it to me.

  I felt the papyrus, it was light and smooth, it also felt like you were holding water, if that was possible. I looked at the writing. 

  'Dear mortal, you have found our child, please take good care of him. We are from the planet Amina, far from yours. We live in a dangerous galaxy, Orias. Our galaxy's always at war with others. Be warned, something want's to kill him, a sword called Rillien will stop at nothing to kill the Lorale family. We named him Kamo, but naming him with a earth name will help hide him from Rillien. We thank you, Oscar and Georgette Lorale.'

  I took time to soak in the letter. I came from a different planet, a different galaxy. I had alien parents. My head felt heavy, my surroundings became blurry, and I fell to the ground.